Are you struggling to find the best XXXL crate for your pet?
We understand how difficult it can be to find a secure crate for larger and heavier dogs. You may also be looking for a crate that’s suitable for your growing puppy for when they are fully grown.
Regardless, we’ve spent a lot of time and resources into researching the top five XXXL dog crates. Our aim was to remove the stressfully process and lay out all the information to help you make the best decision for your requirements. Take a look below to learn more.
Midwest Homes for Pets XXXL Giant Dog Crate
Anyone needing a sturdy, heavy, and easy to use crate will benefit the most from this crate. There are some fantastic bolt and hook features built-in to the design that make it incredibly easy to use and keep the largest, heaviest dogs secure.
- Giant double door metal dog crate measures 54 Lenght x 37 Width x 45Height Inches & weighs 80.2 pounds | Ideal for extra-large dog breeds weighing over 90 pounds (Great Dane)
- Dog Crate is double door configuration w/ sturdy drop-pin assembly. Includes easy to clean / removable tray & patent pending "L Bar" safety feature , Wire Gauge - 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 12
- Mesh : 1.5 x 5 inch. Durable metal dog crate design w/ 3 heavy duty secure slide-bolt latches per door | Please note this is an XXL dog crate & requires 2 people for assembly
- Drop pin construction ensures strong & secure dog crate assembly & patented "L" bar on top panel reinforces the dog crate side panels to prevent them bowing inward after assembly. Dog Weight- 110+ Pounds
- Protective E coat finish prevents rust for long lasting use & dog crate includes MidWest Guarentee 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty
This XXXL dog crate by Midwest Homes for Pets is made with incredibly strong materials. There are three slide bold latches for each one of the doors which are extremely robust and keep your dog secure.
You’ll find this is a huge dog crate with big double doors that contribute to the total weight of 80.2 lbs. Therefore, it’s highly recommended for very large dogs that weigh more than 90 lbs.
We liked how the construction of this crate uses a drop-pin feature. It provides maximum security, especially since it’s coupled with a bar on the top. This works to keep the side plates strong and prevents them from losing their sturdy shape over time.
A layer of e-coat is used to protect the crate so that it lasts longer. This finishing layer prevents the build-up of rust.
Ease of Use
As we mentioned above, this crate uses a heavy double-door feature and drop-pin feature. As a result, it’s very easy to operate.
You will also appreciate how there’s a tray that can be effortlessly removed. The benefit is super convenient cleaning.
- Strong materials and huge design makes it great for the biggest dogs
- Drop-pin and slide bolts keep your dog secure
- Removable tray for easy cleaning
- Hook design to improve durability of side panels
- Heavy-duty construction requires two people for assembly
- Very hard to move due to the heavy weight
With reinforced side panels, robust materials, and the bolt/latch system, you can be assured this crate will keep the biggest dogs secure. We found that some of the largest dogs, like fully grown German Shepherds, were able to stand up in complete comfort.
Paw & Pals Dog Crate
This Paw & Pals dog crate is perfect for those on the move or with smaller spaces. The maintenance involved is also pretty minimal.
- Dimensions: 48" (Length) x 27" (Width) x 30" (Height) + Split Divider + Multiple Doors + Versatile Carry Handle
- FOLDABLE: Convenient space saving design means it can be stored practically anywhere when not in use
- MATERIALS: Made from Heavy Duty Solid Metal "Steel" - Maximum Security Refuge Safe - Easy to Clean 100% Washable
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION: Versatile Design allows for extremely easy set up and take down to fold and store it away - No tools required
- Made by Paws & Pals, an OxGord brand
Space Saving Design
One of the standout features of this dog crate was the folding design.
This means that you can simply fold it up and store it away with no issues. So, those in smaller spaces don’t have to worry about a giant cage taking up their living room.
It’s easy to unfold and be ready for use within minutes too.
We liked how easy this crate by Paw & Pals was easy to assemble. Due to the folding design, it means you don’t need any tools to put it together.
There is also a tray that can be removed for hassle-free cleaning.
Crates with folding features often give the impression of being poorer on the construction quality.
However, this is not the case with this crate. It is made using extremely heavy-duty materials. To be more specific, they have constructed this cage with metal steel.
As a result, the crate is able to provide your dog with complete security. Not to mention, this material also makes it easy to clean.
- Folding design for space saving
- Easy assembly
- Heavy-duty construction
- Hassle-free cleaning
- Some feel it’s too lightweight for larger dogs
- Door latch system feels clunky to use
For anyone after a dog crate that’s easy to assemble, and takes up minimal room, this crate may be what you’ve been looking for. It’s also effective at keeping your dog secure and it’s easy to clean.
ALLMAX Large Dog Crate
Customers have been surprised by just how huge this dog crate is. So, we feel confident in recommending it for those of you with especially large-sized dog breeds.
- Pre-assembled crate sets up easily - just unfold and it's ready to use
- Durable metal construction with chip-resistant, black powdercoat finish
- Strong steel liner tray locks in place and slides out for easy cleaning
- Folds flat and stores away in a flash
- Three double-latch doors provide easy access from front, top or side
With metal materials used in the construction, you can be sure that your dog will remain secured at all times.
In order to boost the overall durability, ALLMAX has also used a powder coat black finish. This ensures that the outside of the cage is resistant to being chipped easily.
Furthermore, the tray on the bottom is made of a sturdy steel material. As a result, you can remove it for super easy cleaning.
One of the things that we were taken aback by with this crate is the folding design.
Considering how enormous and sturdy this crate is, we didn’t expect it to come with folding features. You can easily fold it into a flat position and store it away when you’re not using it.
There are also doors that use a latch mechanism. Therefore, you can easily access your dog from a variety of positions – this includes the side, front, or top.
In addition to the easy-to-use folding design, ALLMAX took things to the next level. They also make sure that the crate is assembled before being delivered to you.
So, all you have to do is unfold it, and set it up. You can use it within minutes after receiving your order.
- Heavy-duty metal construction for maximum security
- Durable and easily removable steel tray for easy cleaning
- Folding design for simple storage and space saving benefits
- It’s delivered completely assembled
- Some find it’s too lightweight
- Others experience issues using latch system
ALLMAX has made a strong and very easy-to-use crate. It’s a great size for the biggest dog breeds and requires minimal effort from you. We like the folding design and the fact that it’s already assembled for you.
Leyuan Dog Crate
Are you looking for a crate that you can use to train your puppies with? This crate by Leyuan provides some simple features that can make the process easier.
- Easy set-up and fold-down as fools needed.
- Removable divider for puppuy training.
- Durable anri-rust epoxy coated finish.
- Slide out plastic pan for easy cleaning.
- Welded by wire.Folding type!Movable pallet!
Durability & Design
Leyuan has used a specific coating over the top of this cage. It works effectively to prevent any rusting which commonly occurs over time.
There are latch and hook systems to make sure your pet remains secure while inside. These latches and hooks are very easy to use and make accessing your pet a breeze.
This cage isn’t constructed out of the typical metal or steel materials. Instead, it’s made using wired materials that have been securely welded together.
One of the main benefits of this wire material is that it allows the crate to be easily folded. So, you can fold it away when it’s not being used to store away and ensure it doesn’t take up unnecessary room.
Easy To Use
There is a plastic pan on the bottom. We liked how this pan can be effortlessly removed to make cleaning as easy as possible.
Furthermore, a divider feature. This divider can be removed to make it easy to train your puppy.
- Folding design for space saving
- Latches and hooks for pet security
- Anti-rust coating for durability
- Removable pan for easy washing
- Materials aren’t sturdy enough for large dogs
This crate was made for people with puppies. Therefore, the construction isn’t made out of heavy-duty materials. Instead, there’s a divider that can be removed for training puppies easier. You also benefit by how easy it is to use and maintain this crate.
Precision Pet Crate
Anyone after a cage that will last with their pet from being a puppy, all the way to a fully grown dog will love some of the features this crate’s equipped with.
- RELIABLE, SECURE LOCK: Petmate dog crates feature a 5-point precision lock system to help keep pets protected
- TRAVEL AND STORAGE FRIENDLY: Metal dog crate is collapsible to roughly two inches, making it convenient for travel and transport
- TWO SEPARATE ENTRANCES: Extra large dog crate has doors on each side for easy placement in different rooms of the home
- ADJUSTABLE DOG CRATE WITH DIVIDER: Divider panel included with the portable dog crate can be moved to accommodate pups as they grow
- DESIGNED WITH SAFETY IN MIND: Rounded corners and secure door ensure the precision dog crate is snag-free for pet's comfort and safety
The Precision Pet Crate has been made with security as one of the main priorities.
There is a lock mechanism that ensures every door remains secure. The latches are very easy to use, but when you lock them in, they stay put, no matter what.
In addition to this, there are also rounded corners. This increases the overall safety concerns that have gone into consideration with this crate.
With an extremely strong gauge wire material, you can be sure that this cage can withstand any damage. It works in combination with the latch systems to keep your dog as secured as possible.
Furthermore, they have used an anti-rust e-coat finish. As a result, the overall durability of this crate is increased. So, you can be sure it will last you a while.
Adjustable & Easy To Use
We liked how this crate comes with a variety of adjustable and easy-to-use features. There is a polypropylene pan on the bottom which can be easily removed and cleaned.
Furthermore, Precision Pet make sure that the cage is fully assembled before it’s sent out to you. You can have it out of the box and set up within a minute.
As far as the adjustable features go, you get a divider panel included. You can easily adjust this divider panel to increase the size of the overall cage to accommodate growing puppies. Therefore, as they grow to be bigger, you won’t need to worry about purchasing another crate for them.
There is a total of two doors which have been created with the customer in mind. These doors are designed in such a way that you can access them easily, regardless of the positioning of the crate.
- Lock system for security
- Heavy-duty gauge wire construction for durability
- Removable bottom pan for easy cleaning
- Divider panel to adjust with the size of puppies
- Fully assembled
- Doors are smaller than expected
- Tray can slide out while in transit
Precision Pet has made a crate that’s great for people with puppies. The durable construction and divider panel means you can purchase this cage once and know it will last you for years.
Things To Consider
Before going ahead and making a purchase, we want to take you through a few key things to consider. The factors below should all be taken into consideration before you buy a dog crate.
They help you form a more concrete idea of the type of crate that would suit your needs best.
What many people don’t realize about the materials used in making these crates is that they can be affected by your climate.
Picking a crate that has metal materials is the best kind of construction for people living in hotter climates. This is because it provides your pet with more air circulation.
So, the build of these crates doesn’t just concern how strong they are. Although, the strength of the materials is still a major factor to think about too.
If you’re dog is very large and heavy, metal steel crates would work best to keep them secured. However, if you have puppies or dogs that aren’t quite as huge, a wired material may work just as well.
That brings us into our next consideration – how big is your dog?
Since this review has focused on XXXL dog crates, it’s likely your dog is pretty large.
Therefore, it’s crucial you pick a cage that gives them enough room to be comfortable. It’s important to give them plenty of space so that they can stand up and move around without feeling too restricted.
Do you need a crate that’s suitable for travelling? If so, you need to pay even further attention to the kind of crate you purchase.
The ones that have a folding feature, or are very lightweight, would be the best options for you. There’s more than just strength and security to think about for travellers. You need to choose one that makes your journeys less of a hassle, rather than being an added stress.
It’s crucial to find XXXL dog crates that are best for your needs. If you choose wisely, a good dog crate can be an investment that lasts you for years to come.
Hopefully, you can take our detailed reviews and considerations section into account before making a decision.