Do you need a ramp to make car journeys with your pets easier?
Maybe you want something that will help them get into the bed at night?
Whatever it may be, we’ve carried out deep research into the top pet ramps available. You can be sure to find what you’re looking for among the five ramps that we’ve reviewed.
Take a look below to learn more about what these ramps have to offer.
Solvit PetSafe Ramp
Those after a pet ramp that is incredibly easy to use and transport, while also being secure and strong, will love this Solvit PetSafe ramp.
- CONTINUE ADVENTURES TOGETHER: Use the telescoping ramp to help your best friend get in and out of your car, minivan or SUV all by themselves to improve road trips together
- ADJUSTABLE SIZING: The adjustable telescoping ramp allows you to help your pet get in and out of different size vehicles; ramp measures 39-72 in L X 17 in W X 4 in H
- SAFETY TESTED & DURABLE: This strong ramp is independently tested and rated to support pets up to 400 lb
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighing only 13 pounds the ramp is easy to carry and lift in and out of the car between stops
- NO SLIPPING: High-traction surface and side rails keep your furry friend from slipping or falling when walking on the ramp
Design & Construction
Solvit has put together a very lightweight and sturdy dog ramp. It weighs just 13 lbs.
However, don’t let the lightweight design trick you into believing it’s weak. This ramp has an impressive weight capacity of 400 lbs. Therefore, you can be sure that it can support the biggest dogs safely.
We liked how you can also adjust this ramp with ease. At the smallest size, it’s 39” long. However, when you use the adjustable features and extend it, you can have a ramp that’s 72” in length.
The telescoping design is what makes this such an effortless ramp to use. You simply slide it out to use and slide it back in for storage.
The aluminum and plastic materials are responsible for making this such a lightweight and robust pet ramp.
In order to give your pets plenty of support while walking up and down the ramp, there is a surface made using textured materials. It’s anti-slip and ensures that pets with mobility problems can use the ramp with no problems.
In addition to the textured surface, your pets can also benefit from the guide rails. These are raised on either side of the ramp and provide your pet with complete security as they walk up and down it.
The feet underneath the ramp are incredibly supportive too. They are each made with rubber materials and ensure the ramp remains secure while your pets walk up and down it.
Transportation & Ease of Use
The lightweight design and telescoping features are enough to make this an easy pet ramp to transport. But to make transportation even more effortless, they have also included a carry handle too.
So, if you’re on the move, you can carry the ramp with no issues.
Customers also appreciate how they can easily clean this ramp after it has been used.
- Strong aluminum construction for durability
- Lightweight design and carry handles make for easy transportation
- Anti-slip surface and side rails for added security
- Easy to clean
- Rubber feet to provide ample support
- Ramp surface may be too rough for some pets
- Sharp edges on the top and sides could be harmful
The lightweight, strong construction, along with the telescoping and safety features makes this an ideal ramp for bets with poor mobility.
Gen7Pets Natural Step Ramp for Pets
Gen7Pets has manufactured a fantastic pet ramp that is incredibly soft and provides your pets with all the support they need. Regardless of their age, this ramp will make car journeys a lot easier.
- EASIER FOR YOUR PETS: Getting in and out of a vehicle can become very difficult for a pet as it ages, which is why the Gen7Pets Natural-Step Ramp is so important. When a dog is going up a hill, the tendency is to use its nails to get additional grip.
- COMFORTABLE FEEL: The Natural-Step Ramp with Poly-Grass allows the dog to get a grip and feel secure while walking up a soft surface that will not scratch its paw pads. The grass is also soft to the touch for the pet parent and will not scuff or scratch interiors of a vehicle.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND EASY: The Natural-Step Ramp is lightweight, easy to open and fold and offers one of the widest walking paths for a 72" long ramp making it easy for your pet to use. The soft rubber-grip handle makes carrying the ramp easy and the automatic locking latch secures the ramp closed so there will be no accidental unfolding of the ramp.
- COMPACT AND ACCESSIBLE: The thin compact fold makes this ramp the most compact 72" long ramp available to date. It easily stores in the back of your SUV or minivan or under the bed or couch for quick easy access and convenient storage.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: Package contains (1) Gen7Pets Natural Step Ramp for Pets. Maximum weight 250 lbs. Open Dimensions 72" long x 16" wide x 1.5" thick. Folded Dimensions 36" long x 16" wide x 3" thick. Only weighs 17 lbs.
Customers are attracted to this Gen7Pets ramp due to the fact that it’s incredibly friendly to pets. As pets get older, their mobility decreases, and as a result, they can’t climb up things as easily as before.
That why this pet ramp comes with a poly-grass material. This means that your dog can use their nails to properly dig into the materials and get a solid grip. They are then able to walk up the ramp with less effort.
This poly-grass material is also incredibly soft and comfortable too. So, you don’t need to worry about your pet’s paws being damaged. It also means that the interior of your vehicle won’t damaged either.
The main points concerning the construction of this pet ramp are its lightweight design. It weighs a remarkable 17lbs, meaning that you can transport it with no issues.
You can also easily fold and unfold the ramp too. When it’s fully extended, it’s 72” long. Therefore, all pets have plenty of room to walk up and down it comfortably.
A handle is also provided to let you easily carry around this ramp. It has rubber grips over the top to make it comfortable to hold.
When you fold this ramp down, you’ll find that it becomes very compact. Thus, you can store it away in the back of your car, cupboards, or even under the couch.
Despite its lightweight design, we were impressed to see that it can take a weight capacity of 250 lbs.
- Lightweight design, folding feature & carry handle make for easy transportation
- Poly-grass materials are soft and provide support for your pet
- Can take a maximum weight capacity of 250 lbs
- Poly-grass pieces can come loose and make a mess
- The width of the ramp is too narrow for some dogs
Owners who want their dogs to experience comfort while using the ramp will be interested in what this one has to offer. The unique poly-grass feature adds an element of support, as well as comfort for your dog. You can easily carry it around and fold it away for storage too.
Pet Gear Tri-Fold Ramp
This Tri-fold Pet Gear ramp is lightweight, easily portable, and provides your pets with ample support and comfort. It can make car journeys a lot simpler to set up with your pets.
- Slip-resistant surface provides sure footing
- Easy fold for compact storage
- Built in molded handle for portability
- Rubber grippers on bottom help keep ramp steady
- Measures 71 x 16 x 4-inches; for pets up to 200-pounds
This Tri-Fold ramp by Pet Gear is made for pets who have long nails. The carpeted materials used on the surface ensure that your pet can securely dig their nails into the surface to ensure they have maximum grip. This makes climbing up and down ramps a lot easier.
Not only is it soft you’re your pet’s paws, it also prevents the inside of your car becoming damaged.
Moreover, this carpet material also ensures that your pets don’t slip.
The tread of the carpet can be easily removed and washed. This is an incredibly convenient feature that customers are loving.
The carpeted material already provides pets with enough materials to grip onto. However, this ramp is also equipped with rubber grips which are located on the bottom. The benefit of these is that creates traction with the ground and ensures that pets can walk up and down the ramp with complete stability.
You will also notice that this ramp has reflective materials too. We found this to be a fantastic feature for pets who struggle to see properly. Even if your pet’s eyesight is great, the reflective gear can give them clear guidelines on where to best position themselves.
It also ensures complete safety and visibility among other people if you’re using the ramp at night. This Pet Gear ramp can take a maximum capacity of 200 lbs.
If you are always on the move, you will greatly appreciate how there are molded handles built-in to this ramp. In combination with the lightweight design of just 10 lbs, you can easily pick this ramp up and take it with you anywhere.
These transportation benefits are also enhanced by the folding feature. You can easily fold this ramp down into a much more compact size. Therefore, it can be stored away with no hassle when it’s not being used.
- Soft material for your pet’s comfort
- Reflective materials for added safety
- Built-in handle and folding design for easy transportation
- Traction of the surface could be improved
- Some customers say the ramp struggles with dogs that are 100 lbs
While they say it can support a maximum weight capacity of 200 lbs, many customers are noticing some issues with their 100 lb dogs. So, all in all, this ramp is best suited for pets that are under 100 lbs.
Pet Gear Stramp Stair
If you need a ramp that can help you get your dog with poor mobility in and out of the car, Pet Gears Stramp Stair may be what you’ve been looking for. It’s very easy to put together too!
- supertraX mat is soft, protecting pets' paws and removes for easy cleaning
- Rubber grippers on bottom keep step secure and in place
- Easily snaps together; no tools required ; For pets up to 150 lbs
- Light-weight; easy to move from room to room. Step height- 5 Inch from floor
- Measures 28-Inch L by 16-Inch W by 16-Inch H
Materials & Construction
Pet Gear has incorporated a supertraX mat over the top of the surface. As a result, you can be assured that your pet’s paws will not be harmed. It’s also very soft to ensure that your pet can walk up and down the ramp with comfort.
We liked how this mat can be removed too. It allows you to easily clean the mat in between uses.
In addition to the supertraX mat, there are also grips made of rubber, which can be found on the bottom. These work effectively to provide the ramp with stability while your dog uses it.
Assembly & Transportation
Customers are really liking how easy it is to assemble this pet ramp.
All you need to do is connect the various pieces together. You don’t even need any tools. Therefore, once this ramp is delivered, you can have it securely set up within minutes.
This may not be the best ramp for larger pets as the weight capacity that it can safely maintain is 150 lbs.
This ramp is incredibly light. At just 10.5 lbs, you can easily transport it between different rooms in your home, as well as to the car.
- Soft supertraX mat for comfort
- Removable mat for easy washing
- Rubber grips for added stability
- Easy to assemble
- Very lightweight & easily transportable
- Too steep for some pets
- The material is too slippery for some
Pet Gear’s Stramp Stair ramp is ideal for owners who have smaller or medium sized pets. It cannot properly withstand the weight of heavier dogs. The materials are incredibly soft and allow your pet to travel up and down the ramp in comfort.
Solvit Wood Bedside Ramp
Owners with pets who struggle to reach the bed would benefit the most from using this Sovit Wood Bedside ramp. It’s also a great choice if you have pets that either can’t or are unwilling to walk up and down the stairs.
- CONTINUE CUDDLE TIME: Use the ramp to help your best friend get up on the sofa all by themselves to improve quality time together
- SAFETY TESTED & DURABLE: This strong ramp is independently tested and rated to support pets up to 120 lb
- DECORATIVE: Cherry, wood finish adds a decorative element to any home
- NO SLIPPING: Heavy-duty carpet cover keeps your pet from sliding when using the ramp to get on and off of the bed
- SIZING: Ramp measures 70 in L X 16 in W X 25 in H
Materials & Design
Solvit has incorporated some high-grade and extremely thick carpeted materials in this ramp. As a result, your pets are given increased traction and comfort to help them climb up and down the stairs.
The thick carpeted surface also has ribbed materials over the top too. This feature works to enhance how securely your pets can use the ramp.
Since this is a stair ramp that’s used to primarily aid pets who can’t get into the bed as easily, the design looks fantastic. They have used a cherry coating over the top of the real wood. Therefore, you can be sure that it will fit right into your bedroom.
Construction & Assembly
We were impressed by how durable this pet ramp is. As it is constructed using real wood, you can feel confident in knowing that it can withstand pets with a maximum weight of 120 lbs.
The length of this ramp is also substantially longer than many other ramps. This is to make sure that your pets are given the perfect angle to climb up the stair. Therefore, pets who are scared to climb up stairs, or previously struggled to, will have a much easier time.
The platform is 25” high, which gives them plenty of height to be able to make it onto even the tallest beds.
Customers are also loving how easily they can assemble this ramp. It can be put together and be ready to use within just 15 minutes.
- Soft & comfortable materials
- Great looking design for bedrooms
- Good height to reach most beds
- Real wood materials for durability
- Quick to assemble
- Some find carpeted material to be slippery
- Some reinforcing may be needed to secure the ramp while assembling
This pet ramp comes with some fantastic materials that are extra soft for your pet’s paws. The traction may not be as great as expected, but it does the job in terms of giving your dog the confidence to use the stairs again.
Be sure to take all the features, positives, and negatives into consideration before committing to a purchase. You want to pick out the ramp that suits the needs of both you and your dog the best.
Hopefully, our review of the top pet ramps has given you some valuable insights to help make the whole process easier.