Imagine if you could find a large dog cage that’s secure and easy to transport…
Or, are you after something that’s more heavy-duty to prevent your 100+ lb dog from escaping?
Well, you can get a combination of both!
We’ve poured our resources into researching the five best cages for large dogs.
Finding the perfect cage for your dog is a daunting task. They all claim to keep your dog safe and prevent them from escaping – yet this is exactly what ends up happening!
You can feel assured in knowing the cages below have been meticulously researched and selected with your dog’s security in mind.
To learn more about what some of the top large dog cages have to offer, take a look below.
Guardian Gear ProSelect Empire Dog Cage
Guardian Gear’s Pro Select Empire Cage is specifically constructed for strong dogs. If yours can chew or claw its way out of their current cage, this one may be exactly what you need.
- 20-Gauge Steel Cage – This ProSelect Empire dog cage is extremely strong with reinforced 0.5-inch diameter steel tubes and 20-gauge steel
- Large-Sized Cage – This cage features interior dimensions of 40¾"L x 28⅛"W x 31¾"H; a medium sized cage is available too. The ProSelect Empire Dog Cage ¾ inch frame is forged from 20-gauge steel and reinforced by ½ inch diameter steel tubes for the strongest, sturdiest, most durable cage on the market
- Floor Grate With Tray – Cleanup is easy with this ProSelect dog cage because of its grated floor with tray
- Removable Casters – You can attach casters to the bottom of the cage to allow for easily rolling the cage to other locations or leave the casters off for added stability
- Durable Dog Cage – The Empire cage will stand up to the toughest abuse from the largest dogs with strong latches and thick steel construction
This dog cage is made of incredibly robust materials. Therefore, you can feel assured it will keep your pet secured, no matter how powerful they are.
It uses 20-gauge steel materials, as well as incredibly strong steel tubes that have a diameter of 0.5”. Furthermore, the dual door latches are stout and have been welded at their stress points. As a result, the cage cannot be broken into or out of.
You’ll be glad to hear the finish over the top of these sturdy materials is resistant to rust too. So, once you purchase it, you can be sure it will last you in the long-run.
Cleaning the cage after your pet has been inside it is a very easy process. You can simply remove the floor pan to clean and reuse. However, you could also decide to throw it out and replace it with new ones (they’re sold separately).
- Highly robust construction to keep dogs in, regardless of their size and strength
- Rust-resistant finish ensures maximum durability
- Removable floor pan for easy cleaning
- An additional lock may be needed if your dog figures out the latch system
Those of you wanting an extremely strong cage to keep your powerful dogs secure will love the Guardian Gear ProSelect Empire Cage. It’s durable and very easy to maintain too.
Silverylake Dog Cage Crate
Silverylake’s dog cage has been made to keep your dogs safe and comfortable. They’re extremely sturdy while also being surprisingly easy to transport.
- Heavy duty steel frame strong and durable,constructed of heavy gauge tubes made of high quality steel for long lasting durability
- Equipped with a composite plastic tray for easy cleanup
- Overall Dimensions: 48.8"(L) x 33"(W) x 37" (H) ,Door Dimensions: 27.4" (H) x 18.9" (W)
- Four wheels (Two lockable) for convenient portability and easy storage
- Fit for dog:Afghan; Bloodhound; Doberman Pinscher; Greyhound; Otterhound; Akita ; Bouvier Des Flandres; Dogue De Bordeaux; Komondor; Rottweiler; Alaskan Malamute; Briard; German Shepherd; Kuvasz; Samoyed; Anatolian Shepherd; Bullmastiff; Giant Schnauzer; Newfoundland; Siberian Husky; Bernese Mountain Dog; Collie; Greyhound; Old English Sheepdog; Weimaraner;
We liked how the frame is constructed using very heavy-duty steel materials. This is what’s largely responsible for providing the cage with its strength.
There is a total of four castors located on the bottom of this cage. So, if you’re on the move, you can feel assured in knowing that you aren’t going to struggle to lug it around. You can simply use the wheels to roll it into position.
Two of these wheels are equipped with a locking mechanism too. This is to ensure that when you do set the cage down, it remains completely stable.
In addition to the easy transportation features, this cage has another surprising benefit – it has a folding design. Therefore, if you need to be on the move, you can fold it down to a more compact and manageable size for easier moving.
A steel tray and grate floor are on the very bottom of the cage. This enables you to easily slide it out to clean before putting it back in or using a separate replacement tray. As a result, keeping your dog clean is super simple.
We appreciated how you can easily access your pets with this Silverylake dog cage. There is a door located on the front, as well as on the top.
Lastly, customers found that assembling this cage was remarkably easy. The instructions included are pretty easy to follow!
- The double door design provides better access as there’s more than one entry/exit point
- Steel-frame construction ensures your dog remains safe and secure
- Removeable bottom tray allows for incredibly easy cleaning
- The wheels and folding design mean you can transport this cage, hassle-free
- Some dogs are able to unlock the locking system
- Stronger dogs may bend the bars a little
If you’re after a sturdy, durable cage, that can also be easily transported, this Silverlylake dog cage is best suited for you.
Zinger Winger DX500 Deluxe Dog Crate
No products found.
During our research, we noticed this Zinger Winger DX500 cage model kept on cropping up, and for good reason. Customers are loving the strength and durability on offer. However, the manufacturers have also taken extra steps to ensure dogs remain comfortable too.
The stainless-steel is also effective at resisting corrosion too.
We found this one to be the perfect option for pet owner’s whose dogs can easily bite through the wire or plastic crates. While these crates are incredibly tough, you may not be expecting them to also be very easy to handle.
In fact, one person can handle it on their own!
The doors incorporate a unique lockable slam latch mechanism. This means that each one of the doors is equipped with a slam latch that has been flush-mounted and keyed. As a result, you can feel assured knowing that your dog will be completely secure in the cage, even if you’re not around it.
No one will be able to simply unlock it with their hands and get to your dog.
You can have these crates side by side, as well as stacked upon each other. This is a great option for those with kennels and multiple dogs.
The manufacturers behind this crate have ensured your dog remains as comfortable as possible. There are vents along each of the four walls to ensure natural airflow.
This crate is delivered unassembled, but it is fairly simple to put together. All you need is a few common tools that most households contain. The instructions make it an easy process.
Lastly, the Zinger Winger Deluxe model has a maximum weight capacity of 150 lbs.
- Aluminum and stainless-steel construction is anti-corrosive for increased durability
- A locking latch system means that only the person with the key can access the dogs for improved security
- There are vents installed to ensure your dog has plenty of air circulation for their comfort and wellbeing
- On the pricey side!
The air vents, anti-corrosive materials, and sturdy construction make this a fantastic dog cage for all owners.
Impact Dog Crate 450 Model
- Crate Size - 450 (see reference chart in images) * 20% lighter than comparable crates
- When Assembled - ID:40Lx28.5Tx23W * OD: 41Lx28.5Tx25.5W (Including airline rails/corners) *Door: 19.8x14.8
- Welded rivet construction * Increased airflow with larger vent holes and door openings
- Marine grade slam latch automatically locks into place for a no hassle
- IATA compliant * Made in the USA *Assembly Required
This is another crate that’s fantastic for transporting your dogs, free from hassle. They’re incredibly lightweight and made with a variety of great materials.
Although, don’t let the lightweight design fool you…
This crate is constructed using extremely high-grade aluminum materials. This makes it very heavy-duty and resistant to damage – while also being easy to move around. We also liked how they went an extra step to use a powder coating on the inside and outside.
It helps to prevent corrosion and rusting to improve the overall durability of the crate.
Furthermore, the aluminum construction is effective at ensuring any accumulation of heat is prevented.
So, your dog can stay in their cage for long durations of time without overheating. The cooling effects from the aluminum are enhanced even further by the built-in vent holes and openings in the door. Air is able to flow freely for your pet.
We especially liked how there’s an illusion created for the dog once they’re inside too. They are given the illusion of direct sunlight – what’s the benefit?
It helps drastically to keep them calm and reduce any stress.
The latches on the doors are simple to use. This is because they lock down into position automatically.
With corners made of composite materials, you can stack these crates safely, which is a big benefit for people who have kennels.
- Lightweight design and carry handles for super easy transportation
- Sunlight illusion built-in to calm dogs and lower their stress levels
- Aluminum and stainless-steel construction for strength
- Air vents to keep dogs cool and healthy
- Assembling this cage can take 2-4 hours
- Some dogs may damage their teeth biting into the cage
The 450 Model has managed to combine a lightweight design, with a very strong construction. We also liked how they’ve taken the time to add a sunlight element to keep your dog calm.
Walcut Dog Crate
No products found.
With a robust frame and easy transportation features, you can keep your dog safe while being on the move, all at an affordable price.
This dog cage is made using incredibly heavy-duty steel materials. This is what’s responsible for ensuring the frame remains durable and strong to keep your dog secured.
Each one of the bars has been forcefully welded to provide a remarkably robust construction.
There are four castors, which you can find on the bottom, and they make transporting this cage a breeze. We appreciated how two of these wheels have a locking system as it works to effectively keep the cage completely stable when it’s stationary.
Moreover, the Walcut dog crate can be folded down too. So, you have the options to wheel it into place with ease, as well as fold it down into a more compact size for simpler transportation.
There is a double door design which provides you with two points of access. You can reach your dog from either front or top. The front door is equipped with two latches that are difficult for dogs to escape, but easy for you to use.
- Heavy-duty steel construction is sturdy and secure
- Wheels and folding design make for hassle-free transportation
- Double door design lets you easily access your dog
- Latches on the front door are very secure and easy to use
- A steel tray allows for easy cleaning
- People struggle to open the top latch
- Some dogs may not like the bars on the bottom
If you’ve been searching for a superbly strong cage that can also be transported without a lot of issues, this Walcut
Prior to making any decisions, you want to be sure you’re picking the correct cage for you and your dog.
That’s why we recommend that you note down the main things you’re looking for in these cages. You can then use those notes as a reference guide to help you choose the cage that pairs up the closest.
Be sure to think about:
- Will your dog be comfortable and secure?
- Do you need to transport it any time soon?
- Are you comfortable with the assembly process?
We hope the detailed information we’ve provided for you helps to make the entire process easier.
You’re now armed with more information surrounding the highest-quality and most effective large dog cages. So, be sure to carefully consider your dog and the cage that would suit them best.