Owning a pet might cause you to create a daily schedule, which sorts of revolve around the demands of your four-legged friends. It could be your schedule being affected by your cat who tends to wake you up whenever he decides that it’s already time for breakfast. Fortunately, there is a way for you to still stick to a more comfortable daily schedule even if you have a pet.
Whether you are taking care of a dog or cat, investing in any of the automated pet bowl feeders and water dispensers in the market can help you a lot. One advantage of automated feeders is that they are built in a way that they can dispense pre-portion meals based on the times/schedules you have set/programmed. You can find some of these devices having their own water dispensers, too.
This means that aside from dispending food, the unit also dispenses water, thereby ensuring that your pet stays hydrated. What’s great about pet bowl feeders and water dispensers is that they can lighten your load. These items are even helpful in case you want to space out meals throughout the day.
If you are planning to buy one for your dog or cat then these five choices are worthwhile of your attention.
UPSKY Dog Cat Bowls Double Dog Food and Water Bowl
- Double Dog Bowl: Set of 2 high-quality stainless steel bowls (11oz for each bowl), one for one for water and the other for food, which design for small puppy dogs, cats, and other small pets.
- Premium Stainless Steel: Made of high-quality stainless steel, anti-corrosion and heat resistant, the stainless steel dog cat bowl is durable for long-term use and healthy for your beloved pets especially for holding hot food, and the bowls are dishwasher safe.
- Non-Skidding & Flipping: The bone-shaped base is made of food-grade silicone, and it is designed to better hold the bowls and prevent them from tipping and skidding when your dog is eating.
- No-Spill Silicone Mat: The extra-large silicone base and rolled-up design can catch most spills and splashes and keep your floor clean, and also save you much pet food and time.
- Easy To Clean: The stainless steel bowls are removable, it’s easy to take it out to wash and keep clean, what’s more, it’s also convenient to add food or water. (Please don't allow dogs to bite or chew mat as it will cause damage.)
Ideal for both dogs and cats, this UPSKY product can help ensure that your pet will get supplied with food and water on a schedule. That’s possible even without you at home.
- Sturdy construction – The bowls in this product are constructed from high-quality and sturdy stainless steel. This material is heat-resistant and anti-corrosion. This proves its durability, assuring you of long-term use.
- Provides dual bowls – This comes in a set of two bowls with each one having an 11-oz. capacity. Having two bowls allows you to have one each to hold food and water. The bowls also work well for small cats, puppies, dogs, and any other small-sized pets.
- Bone-shaped base – I find this base constructed out of silicone material beneficial as it can prevent flipping and skidding. The design and shape can guarantee you that bowls will be held better. This ensures that they will not tip nor skid every time your pet eats.
- Removable bowls – The fact that the bowls are removable is a good thing. It is because this means you can easily remove them for washing and cleaning. Adding water or food into the bowl is also hassle-free.
- Smaller than what most users expected – Some users are hoping that each bowl is bigger. As it is, they find the size and capacity smaller than what they initially expected.
- Not that compatible with larger pets – The overall design of this product makes it work well for small cats, dog breeds, and other small-sized pets. Larger dog breeds or pets may not be perfect with this pet bowl feeder.
This pet bowl feeder and water dispenser has double bowls. I think this is this item’s best feature as it ensures that your pet will never have problems eating and drinking appropriately on the right schedule.
UPSKY Dog Bowl Dog Water Bowl
- Extreme Large Capacity: With the dimension 8.8 x 7.2 x 2 inches, the bowl has a pretty large and practical capacity, about 35oz in total, which is enough for dogs to drink a whole day.
- Double Anti-spill: The waterproof edge strip and floating disk dual design can effectively prevent water from overflowing, keeping your floor dry and tidy at all times.
- Slow Water Feeder: The automatically adjustable floating disk design slows down the drinking speed of your pet. When your pet's tongue touches the floating disk, it sinks and the water undulates.
- Prevent Wet Mouth: The floating disk can control water easily and then prevent large areas of water from wetting pet’s mouth hairs. Keep your pet's hair dry and tinted.
- Keep Water Clean: The separable 2-pieces disk welded design helps prevent the dust, dirt, and pet hair from falling into the water to affect water quality. Provide clean water for your pets all day.
This is another UPSKY pet bowl you have to check out. It lets you feed your pet on schedule while preventing all sorts of mess from doing so.
- Huge capacity – You will feel glad to know about the practical and huge capacity of this bowl. It even boasts of a total of 35-oz. capacity. This is often enough for cats or dogs to drink or eat the entire day.
- Adjustable floating disk design – This design is a big advantage as it helps in slowing down the unit when it comes to feeding your pet with water. This ensures that your pet will also enjoy a slower drinking speed. Such a design assures users of ease in controlling water, thereby preventing it from wetting the mouth hairs of your pet.
- Anti-spill design – This pet bowl feeder and water dispenser features a waterproof edge strip as well as a dual design for the floating disk. This is a huge help in lowering the risk of overflowing water. The result is the ease in maintaining the dryness and tidiness of your floor.
- Can be mounted in the car – It is mainly because of its distinctive fixed border style. This can assure you that your pet will be able to drink water while in the car without creating a mess or getting wet.
- Harder to clean than others – This is a bit harder to clean compared to the others. It’s also tricky to remove any unwanted smell.
- Not properly sealed floating portion – This causes water to get inside and build up, which might be unhealthy for your pet in the long run.
I find the huge capacity of this pet bowl feeder and water dispenser its best feature. With such a huge capacity, your pet will surely not run out of food and water even if you are away for days.
LumoLeaf Dog Water Bowl
- ❤️ NO MORE MESSY FLOORS with LumoLeaf Pet Water Bowl. The Floating Disk and Anti-slip Base can effectively prevent water from splashing and overflowing.
- ❤️ EASY TO CLEAN. Take apart the Floating Disk to clean. Rinse with water or put it on upper rack of dishwasher.
- ❤️ HAPPY PETS. NO more wet mouth! The dog bowl feeds enough water and SLOW down your pet’s drinking and helps to avoid vomiting and gulping. It also helps prevent the dust, dirt and pet hair from falling into the water.
- ❤️ FOR HOME & TRAVEL USE. Double Anti Spill design can effectively prevent water from overflowing in the bumpy road. Anti-slip base prevents your pets from sliding it around. Perfect for using in RV, SUV, and truck.
- ❤️ COMFORTABLE TO USE. When your pet's tongue touches the floating disk, the water will coming from the hole. Contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding our product. We are happy to help.
The LumoLeaf Dog Water Bowl is also ideal for pets who are considered as overeager drinkers and eaters. It can help manage or control your pet’s speed of eating and drinking.
- Anti-slip base – Combined with this unit’s floating disk, you can say goodbye to possible mess on your floors. It is because both the anti-slip base and floating disk will work together in ensuring that water does not overflow nor splash.
- Dual anti-spill design – With this design, it is possible to prevent the risk of dealing with overflowing water when on bumpy roads. This makes it ideal for travel, too.
- Interior floating disk – This feature is a big help in slowing down the drinking speed of your pet. It is because it is designed in a way that it can adjust the flow of water automatically.
- Easy to clean parts – The floating disk can even be removed, which further promotes ease of and effortless cleaning.
- Requires frequent refilling – One inconvenience that users complain about is the need for frequent refilling especially for pets who tend to drink a lot. It is mainly because the capacity is not that huge.
- Not that sturdy tabs found on the bezel – These are made of plastic so it is possible for them to break from assembling and disassembling the item repeatedly.
The interior floating disk is probably this item’s best feature. This is a nice feature as it aids in regulating your pet’s drinking speed, thereby preventing them from taking in too much.
TagME Dog Dripless Water Bowl
- No Spill - It's so annoysome after dog's drinking, water splashed everywhere and wetted all their chin. This water bowl designed with automatically adjustable water lever and there will be no mess after drinking. It's great effective to prevent water from splashing.
- Healthy Material - The water bowl is created by non-toxic ABS , no Chemical smell. The brightest feature is to keep dog's chin dry. As we know that dogs like pitbull, bulldog are so easy to suffer from skin disease, especially Locust infection. To keep body dry is a great effective action on preventing this.
- Great Travel Necessity - Clever float fixed border design can keep the water away from spilling out. Ideal dog travel water bowl, it's really a good choice when you are going to have a travel with your pet.
- Keep Water Clean - If your dog is squatted in the yard, this water bowl will be effective on preventing dust and fallen leaves.
- Fits All Breeds Pet - Dimensions: 8.8 x 7.2 x 2 in, 1 L in total. (34.2 OZ when the bowl is filled 2/3 ). Easy to disassemble and assemble for easy to clean, ideal for small medium and large dogs and cats
Your pet will also surely love this TagME Dog Dripless Water Bowl. This is a no-mess solution for letting your pet take in the right amount of water and food at the right speed.
- Non-toxic construction – Built using the safe and non-toxic ABS material, you are sure of the healthy construction of this bowl. It does not have any chemical smell, too.
- Automatic adjustable water lever – This automatic adjustment for the water is a big advantage as it lowers the risk of spills. It ensures that water does not get splashed everywhere that might only create a mess.
- Can be mounted on the car – This is another positive benefit of this pet bowl feeder and water dispenser. You can mount it in your car, making it travel-friendly.
- Dust-resistant float fixed border – With this fixed border around, your pet’s water will remain clean as it can prevent fallen leaves and dust from getting in.
- Slightly harder to clean than others – It might require more effort and time to keep this clean.
- Produces a mildew smell after a couple of days of use – Some users noticed that it tends to create an annoying mildew smell within 2 to 3 days of use.
I think the best feature of this pet bowl feeder is the non-toxic construction. It guarantees the safety of your pet because of its non-toxic and safe ABS material.
Petmate Replendish Gravity Waterer
- Gravity Waterer: This cat and dog water bowl dispenser slowly dispenses filtered water to prolong time between refills. Perfect for pet parents with busy lifestyles. Use with Petmate Replendish charcoal filters
- Stays Clean Longer: This cat and dog water dispenser has Microban Antimicrobial Product Protection to help prevent the growth of stain and odor-causing bacteria. Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Food and Water: Maintain fresh pet food and water with a variety of our products including airtight dry food storage containers, bowls for kennels, gravity water bowls, automated food bowls and travel accessories
- Petmate: Since introducing the first dog kennel over 50 years ago, Petmate has been improving the lives of dogs, cats, and pet owners with a diverse range of leashes, collars, toys, carriers and more
- Just For Pets: Petmate makes a variety of pet products for dogs, cats, chickens, and other furry friends! Check out our brands such as Aspen Pet, Arm & Hammer, Booda, Chuckit!, and more
With the aid of this product, your pet will remain cool and hydrated with cool and safe water even if you are not around because of your busy schedule.
- Gets refilled automatically – You no longer have to worry too much about your pet being left behind with this product around. What’s great about this pet water bowl dispenser is that it dispenses filtered slowly. This can prolong the time required to make refills.
- Microban antimicrobial protection integrated into the base – This is a huge advantage as it ensures that stains and bacteria causing odor don’t get the chance to grow. It also offers protection from harmful microbes.
- Great capacity – It is even capable of holding up to 4 gallons of water. This ensures that your pet will never run out of it when you are not around.
- 4 sizes available – You can enjoy this pet water dispenser in four different sizes – from half a gallon to four gallons. With that, you can surely pick one depending on the size of your pet and the number of pets who will be using it.
- Not as sturdy as other pet bowls – The plastic material used in creating this feeder is not as durable when you compare it to the others.
- Awkward position for the screw-on cap – The cap containing the charcoal filter is a bit difficult to use because of its somewhat awkward positioning.
The feature that makes this pet bowl feeder amazing is its ability to get refilled automatically. This is great if you want to have a hassle-free experience feeding your pet and keeping him well-hydrated.
When shopping for a pet bowl feeder and water dispenser, it is advisable to avoid picking just anything that is introduced to you without studying its features first. To ensure that you are getting the right one, compare your choices and consider some key factors that will point you in the right direction.
Who can Benefit from a Pet Bowl Feeder and Water Dispenser?
All pet owners should consider investing in a pet bowl feeder and water dispenser. This consists of the bowls where you can put the water and food of your pet. Fortunately, it is not that hard to find a bowl for a specific pet since this item is available in various types and sizes.
If you have large dogs then you can benefit from a pet bowl feeder that is somewhat elevated. It is because the elevated design ensures that your pet will not have to strain his neck while bending down. This also ensures that the can easily digest his food.
A high-quality pet bowl feeder and water dispenser can also benefit pets who tend to eat foods quickly or those who can’t seem to digest their foods properly. If that’s the case then you can always go for slow feeder bowls.
What is the Best Material for the Pet Bowl Feeder?
You also have to compare your choices based on the specific materials they are made from. One thing you should take note of about pet bowl feeders is that they are made from different materials. The most common ones are plastic, silicone, ceramic, and stainless steel. You can choose plastic but make sure that you go for the sturdier type. Also, be aware that plastic seems to be prone to absorbing bacteria and unwanted odor.
You may also want to pick stainless steel and ceramic bowls that are more commonly used nowadays. The reason behind the popularity of these materials is that they are not only non-porous but also easy to clean. If you travel a lot then you may want to invest in a collapsible bowl made of silicone.
You may also want to use silicone bowls as a non-slip base for other bowls made of different materials. Study the pros and cons of each material often used in creating pet bowl feeders and water dispensers so you can figure out which one will work in your and your pet’s favor.
What’s the Capacity?
Spend time examining the unit’s capacity, too. Note that there are feeders that are not designed in a way that they can dispense kibble of large sizes. These are not ideal for dogs that come from the large breeds. It is because they are often the ones who eat huge pieces of kibble. It’s important to check the capacity of the unit and determine if it indeed suits the requirements of your pet.
Is it Secure?
Another thing you have to scrutinize carefully is the level of security provided by the pet bowl feeder. It should not be poorly constructed to ensure that your pet will not be able to break through it and gain access to the foods stored in there prior to the scheduled feeding time.
To guarantee the security of a specific feeder and water dispenser, check the quality and durability of the materials used in constructing it. This is even more important especially if you have a pet known to be a heavy chewer. You may also want to invest in an auto feeder with galvanized steel reservoirs as well as highly secure locking systems.
Is it Easy to Clean?
You should also find out whether or not you will be having a difficult time cleaning your pet bowl feeder. As much as possible, go for one that is easy to clean, especially because you will need to clean it often. Go for one that you can easily disassemble so you can fit its parts into your dishwasher. It’s more convenient and hassle-free for you to choose a feeder and water dispenser with parts that are dishwasher-safe.
Investing in a high-quality pet bowl feeder and water dispenser is indeed a great move for pet owners like you. This is especially true if you choose automated ones – those that can feed or hydrate your pet automatically via gravity or through electronic programming. When choosing, you have to greatly consider what will be suitable for the needs of your pet the most.
In this case, the material should be one of the major contributors to your final decision. If you are looking for budget-friendly options then you can always go for plastic-made ones that are available in various sizes and colors. Just remind yourself that plastic has this downside of getting minor scratches over time that might also trap bacteria eventually.
If you go for plastic, make sure it is BPA-free, too, since BPA can be harmful to pets. If you have the budget, go for the more expensive yet sturdier option – one made of stainless steel. This material is also favorable because it is dishwasher-safe and easy to clean.
Setting aside your budget and the actual material, make sure that your choice will always revolve around what can give you and your pet the highest level of convenience. Go for one that can truly satisfy the needs of your pet, especially in terms of feeding and hydration, while giving you more time to attend to other stuff because you know that a good pet bowl feeder and water dispenser is around to take care of him.