Finding the most suitable boarding kennel for your pets can be tricky.
There are so many options available that it becomes challenging trying to find that perfect match for you and your pet.
That’s why we’ve created this review. We have extensively researched the top boarding kennels available and included them in our review below.
Take a quick read through them to learn more about the features, pros, and even the downsides of these kennels.
Homey Pet Kennel
Anyone after a strong and durable kennel will benefit the most from this kennel. There are easy access points and you can even move it around with ease too.
- Size: L 49" x W 37" x H44", Interior height: 37", Bar spacing: 1.44". Fits for dogs up to 150 lbs
- Feeding door renders convenience for feeding. Pull out tray available for easy cleaning
- Lockable heavy duty casters provide more convenience to move the cage. Double chain lock and all metal design ensure great quality and provide best protection to your pet.
- Plastic floor grid with small holes provide more comfortable environment and better protection on pets' feet.
- Nontoxic finished surface keep your dog/animal health and render excellent anti-rust ability
We appreciate how Home Pet has made sure to make this kennel with safety as one of the main priorities. Therefore, they have used a finish over the top of the surface that is nontoxic. So, you can be assured that your pet will be completely safe.
In addition to your pet’s safety, this nontoxic finish is also effective at preventing rust from building up. As a result, it increases the overall durability of the kennel.
You’ll find that the floor has a plastic gridded surface. This has a variety of little holes in it to ensure that airflow is able to circulate within the kennel. We found this feature to be great at keeping your dog comfortable.
With metal bars that are spaced, your pet will always be exposed to plenty of air and be able to see their environment.
The design of the construction involved with this kennel makes it incredibly sturdy and easy to use.
There is door renders that enable you to feed your dog with no hassle. You can also remove the bottom tray to allow for convenient cleaning.
The entire construction of this boarding kennel utilizes extremely tough metal. Therefore, you can feel confident in knowing that your pet won’t be going anywhere. In addition to the metal construction, you’ll also find that the double lock chain works to boost the security even further.
Customers also like how you can stack this kennel with others. It is also very difficult for dogs to chew through the construction and weaken its structure.
This kennel comes equipped with some incredibly strong casters. Therefore, if you need to transport this kennel, you can do so with ease.
These wheels also have a locking mechanism. Therefore, you can keep them locked to ensure the kennel remains stable while it’s in place. However, you can then unlock them to roll the cage around easily.
- Nontoxic finish for safety
- Plenty of airflows
- Heavy-duty metal construction
- Wheels for transportation
- Double chain system for security
- Assembly instructions are difficult to follow
The overall sturdiness of this kennel is the most appealing aspect to it. We did also like how you can easily roll the kennel around for easier transportation.
Sliverylake Dog Crate Kennel
Sliverylake’s dog kennel is an excellent option for those needing something to conveniently transport their pets in. It’s also constructed with sturdy materials too.
- Heavy duty steel frame strong and durable,constructed of heavy gauge tubes made of high quality steel for long lasting durability
- Equipped with a composite plastic tray for easy cleanup
- Overall Dimensions: 48.8"(L) x 33"(W) x 37" (H) ,Door Dimensions: 27.4" (H) x 18.9" (W)
- Four wheels (Two lockable) for convenient portability and easy storage
- Fit for dog:Afghan; Bloodhound; Doberman Pinscher; Greyhound; Otterhound; Akita ; Bouvier Des Flandres; Dogue De Bordeaux; Komondor; Rottweiler; Alaskan Malamute; Briard; German Shepherd; Kuvasz; Samoyed; Anatolian Shepherd; Bullmastiff; Giant Schnauzer; Newfoundland; Siberian Husky; Bernese Mountain Dog; Collie; Greyhound; Old English Sheepdog; Weimaraner;
Construction & Design
The construction behind this dog kennel is fantastic. We were impressed by how the frame is made out of incredibly robust steel materials. This results in their boarding kennels being very secure for your dog. It also means that you will be able to purchase it once and use it for a very long time.
Customers are loving how there’s a double door design too. This means that you can easily access your pet from the top, as well as the front doors.
In particular, the front doors are equipped with latches, which make it even easier to use. It also means that your pet is more secure in the kennel as they cannot operate the latches to escape.
In addition to the easy-to-use doors, you will also notice that the tray located on the bottom is convenient to use too. It is made out of strong steel materials and can be removed for hassle-free cleaning.
If you need a dog kennel that you can easily take with you anywhere, this one would be an excellent choice.
We say this because it has a total of four caster wheels which are built-in on the bottom of the kennel. They have an effective locking system too. Therefore, when you want to set the kennel down, you can simply lock the wheels and it will stay secure.
When it comes to transporting it, you can just unlock the mechanism and you’re able to easily push the kennel around on the wheels.
Furthermore, this kennel comes with an awesome folding design. Therefore, if you need to take it with you on longer journeys, you can save some space by folding it down to a more compact size.
- Folding design & wheels for transportation
- Steel frame for strength
- Easy access double door design
- Removable tray for easy washing
- Larger pets may be able to bend steel bars
- Latches could be more durable
With very convenient access points, a strong design, and impressive transportation features, the price tag attached to this kennel will be worth it for most people.
Lucky Dog Uptown Kennel
If you are after a kennel that can withstand all weather conditions and will last you for years, you’ll be very interested in what this kennel has to offer.
- ASSEMBLED DIMENSIONS - 6'H x 8'L x 4'W with cover installed (5'H without cover installed)
- HEAVY DUTY WELDED STEEL KENNEL - The Lucky Dog complete box kennel is perfect for residential or professional use. Steel bars and wire mesh are welded before coating to prevent sharp edges that may harm your pet and offers greater rust and corrosion protection.
- WATERPROOF COVER INCLUDED - The heavy duty waterproof cover and steel roof frame fit the outdoor cage perfectly and the enclosed ends provide your pet with full protection from sun, rain, snow and debris. Added UV protection prevents ripping, cracking, fading or peeling giving you years of worry-free use. Sturdy elastic cords won't break or stretch and hold the cover securely for a snug fit. The roof pitch allows for water, debris and light snow to run off instead of accumulating on the roof.
- EASY TO CLEAN - 1.5" raised legs make the enclosure easy to sweep or hose out to prevent the buildup of dirt and bacteria, keeping your pet healthy and happy.
- SIMPLE SETUP - This outdoor dog pen has pre-assembled modular panels that connect quickly and easily using hand tightening clamps, NO TOOLS REQUIRED! Ground anchoring is recommended.
This kennel by Lucky Dog Uptown is made using very strong steel bars. These steel bars are combined with a wired mesh material to provide you with a very durable and strong kennel.
They have gone a step further to ensure that any sharp edges that could affect your pet are minimized. Therefore, they have used a special coating over the construction to keep your pet safe.
Moreover, this coating also works to prevent corrosion and rust from affecting the kennel. As a result, it makes it both safer and more durable.
The cover that you can find over the top of this kennel is made of waterproof materials. Therefore, if you were to place this kennel outside, any potential damage from bad weather would have minimal impact on your pet.
In addition to the waterproof cover, we also found the roof itself is made of steel materials. Therefore, your pet will be completely secure.
Any harsh weather conditions (including rain, snow, and sun) won’t be able to negatively affect your pet while they’re inside this kennel.
These precautions also work to prevent the kennel from becoming weak over time. When you also consider that it comes with strong elastic cords too, it becomes apparent that this cage is built to last.
Easy to Use
We appreciated how this kennel is incredibly easy to use and maintain. The slightly raised legs, of 1.5” high, mean that you can easily clean underneath the kennel too.
The overall set up involved with this kennel is simple too. It’s delivered almost fully assembled. All you have to do is fit the panels and tighten the clamps by hand. So, you don’t need any tools.
- Strong steel and wired mesh construction
- Waterproof cover
- Weather resistant construction
- Easy to assemble
- Convenient cleaning
- Fastener strength could be better
- Some dogs can chew through wiring
All in all, this kennel is a fantastic choice if you need a reliable kennel that’s durable enough to withstand harsh weather conditions.
SMONTER Dog Cage Kennel
Customers who want a strong and reliable kennel for their larger dogs would find this SMONTER option to suit them well.
- MORE STRONGER: Heavy duty steel frame, strong and durable, suitable for many big dogs
- THREE DOOR DESIGN:Can open at the top, The big door in front is suitable for pet in and out, the small door in front is suitable for feeding
- VERY EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Just need to open it and fixed with four screws, then fitted with four wheels, other locks have been pre-loaded
- RUST AND CORROSION-RESISTANT:Rust and corrosion-resistant steel frame and two plastic tray,handiness,easy to take out and cleaning
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 48"L X 29"W X 51"H; Color: Yellow ; Shape: Y shape
SMONTER has created an extremely strong kennel here. The frame is made using very robust steel materials. As a result, you can feel confident in knowing that your pet will be safe and secure.
In particular, owners with large pets will appreciate the sturdy construction the most.
These strong materials provide more than just strength. They also work to ensure the kennel remains as durable as possible.
This is because the steel frame that has been used to construct the frame is also effective at being resistant to rust and corrosion. So, you can buy this kennel and feel assured that it will last you for years to come.
The design aspect involved with this kennel is very unique. There is a total of doors available to use. Therefore, you can have easy access to your pet at all times, no matter where you decide to position the kennel.
There is a door at the top, two on the front. We recommend using the front door if you have larger pets. The smaller sized door located on the front is mostly recommended for people who have smaller pets.
These doors enable you to feed your pets with no hassle.
Transportation & Ease of Use
You get a total of two plastic trays that can be easily removed. Therefore, you can take them out for cleaning and put them back in the kennel with ease.
As far as putting this kennel together goes, we found it to be pretty easy. There are just a total of four screws, as well as the wheels located on the bottom that need to be fitted.
We liked how they’ve included wheels as it means that you can easily transport this kennel if you need to.
- Durable steel frame construction
- Easy access door design
- Wheels for transportation
- Easy to assemble
- Some dogs can chew through materials
- Latch on the top door could be stronger
Overall, we liked how this kennel has been made with durability in mind. It’s anti-corrosive and prevents rust from building up. So, you can keep your dog secure for a long time ahead.
Lucky Dog Kennel
This kennel by Lucky Dog is an awesome choice if you need a kennel that’s suitable for indoor and outdoor use. We also recommend this one for people with medium and large sized dogs.
- PET SAFE DESIGN - This modular dog kennel is designed with your dog's safety and comfort in mind. The panel's have seamless welding and have no sharp edges or fixtures, making for strong and durable kennel that is simple to assemble
- PERFECT FOR INDOOR OR OUTDOOR USE - A black powder coat over the entire structure ensures durability and rust resistance
- GREAT FOR MEDIUM AND LARGE DOGS - The panels are not ideal for small breeds or puppies with vertical upright spacing of 2 1/2 inches. Heavy duty steel bars are welded top and bottom, horizontal stabilizer bar welded at center for added strength
- ENDLESS CUSTOMIZATION - Modular Design allows you to configure multiple kennels in whatever orientation you choose, allowing you to utilize all available space. With seamlessly welded panels, assembly is simple
- EASY ASSEMBLY - This heavy duty kennel cage has pre-assembled welded panels that simply clamp together - No Tools Required
The thought behind the design features of this kennel has the safety of pets in the forefront. That’s why this kennel is equipped with welding materials that have no sharp edges or things that could harm your pet.
Furthermore, the durability and strength aspects mean that your pet will have a hard time trying to escape.
We liked how you can use this Lucky Dog kennel both indoors and outdoors. This is largely due to how they have incorporated a special black powder coating. It has been used across the entire kennel to prevent rust and boost the overall durability.
Since the bars have a slight gap in between, it means that smaller pets may be able to escape. That’s why this kennel is recommended for people with medium-large dogs.
The bars are made of sturdy steel materials that have been welded in the middle. This is what makes bars have such impressive strength abilities to keep your pet secure.
The heavy-duty design may make you think that this kennel is difficult to assemble. In reality, it is delivered partly assemble to make your job easier.
All you need to do is clamp the provided welded panels together. Best of all, you don’t need any tools – you can easily do it by hand.
- Strong steel materials
- Powder to increase durability
- Easy to assemble
- No sharp edges for pet safety
- Hard to transport
The effort that has gone into this kennel to ensure its durability and strength is fantastic. With welded steel bars, larger dogs won’t be able to chew through the materials or escape.
You now have more of an insight into what some of the top boarding kennels have to offer. Before making a purchase, be sure to take all of the pros, cons, and features into consideration.
You can use them as a guide to help you make the best decision possible. Hopefully, all the information we’ve provided for you above makes the entire process a lot easier and free of stress.