People transport their pets as they may be relocating to another location because of a new job or for other various reasons. When you are taking a pet that is active and healthy, you can easily bring them along in your car or any other type of vehicle. But if your pet is sick and immovable, then it is difficult to transport them. This is where the best pet transport stretchers plays a vital role as they allow you to transport your sick and injured pets in a safe and secure way. In this article, we’ll look into the various reasons why you need a pet transport stretcher, their benefits, the top 5 pet transport stretchers as well as all the other factors you need to consider when buying the best pet transport stretcher.
Walkin” Pet Transport Stretcher
- HELPS PET PARENTS TRANSPORT THEIR PETS IN ANY EMERGENCY - Every pet parent wants a safe and easy way to transport their dog in the event of an emergency, illness, injury or disability. The Walkin’ Pet Transport Stretcher is a simple and secure way to get injured, anesthetized or recovering dogs from your vehicle to your home or medical facility.
- LIFT AND PROTECT PETS UP TO 250 POUNDS - This dog stretcher is made from a durable, nylon and is safety rated up to 250 pounds. 6 handles are placed around the animal carrier for balanced support and a safety strap with a touch fastener closure secures your pet in place. Pet Stretcher size: 47 L x 29 W inches.
- FLEXIBLE DESIGN FOR COMFORTABLE CARRY - This lightweight carrying system was designed with maneuverability in mind. The flexible dog transport stretcher can easily be handled by one or more people in small spaces like stairs, cars, and tight corners. The 6 handles are also covered with neoprene sleeves for comfort.
- FOLDABLE FOR EASY TRANSPORT AND STORAGE - The Walkin’ soft carry stretcher is lightweight and flexible making it easy to roll or fold for transport or storage in your vehicle.
- ONE SIZE FITS MOST - This emergency pet carrier can be used to transport most types of dogs and has been used for years for large breeds like Newfoundlands. Available in Black, Blue or Safety Red, the Walkin’ animal stretcher is perfect for safely carrying injured, anesthetized or recovering dogs. Pet Stretcher size: 47 L x 29 W inches.
Pet Transport Stretcher is designed to carry sick pets to the vet safely and comfortably. Emergencies can happen anytime and when you do face an emergency situation with a pet of yours that is large in size and that cannot be carried in your arms to the vehicle, you’ll often think of using a blanket or sheet. But the best and practical solution during these times is to have a pet transport stretcher that comes with safety belts and handles that allows you to carry your dog safely to the vehicle. Generally two persons are enough to carry the pet and in worst case scenario where you can’t find another helping hand in an emergency, you can simple put your dog on the stretcher, secure it with the belt and just drag along till your vehicle.
The Walkin’’ Pet Transport Stretcher is made using lightweight packcloth material and it doesn’t add much to the weight of pets you are carrying. The pet stretcher when not in use can be easily folded and stored without taking much space. And during emergencies, getting the stretcher ready takes just a couple of seconds as you don’t need to tighten screws or join different parts. It is a single piece of stretcher with just a removable middle strap. So to setup the stretcher, you just need to unfold it and your stretcher is ready. This feature is great during emergencies as many things will be running in your mind regarding the condition of your pet and you don’t want meddle with the stretcher to set it up.
The handles make maneuvering much easier and the product seems to be well-made and durable. I suggest you practice a few times if your dog will comply with lying on it, just so you know how it works if you ever need it. I hope not, but better safe than sorry. I would also suggest keeping out in plain sight where everyone knows where it is and how to use it. Our loyal family members usually give us little or no warning before something goes wrong. I keep this one in my house, but plan on purchasing a second one to keep in my vehicle as well, as my dog rides with me all the time. It folds up nicely and takes up little space. The stretcher is available in 2 colors including Black and Red. And there are six handles provided around the 4 corners and two handles in middle. Even though it is quite enough for just two persons to carry a pet, in case if your pet is large it may require more persons to handle the weight. Hence, more handles are provided during emergency situations. With the Walkin’’ Pet Transport Stretcher, you can carry pet with a maximum size of 250lbs.
- Made using lightweight packcloth materials
- Strong and sturdy construction
- Come with six handles for added support and balance
- Neoprene sleeves cover the handles for added comfort
- Secure your pets from falling down with removable retaining straps
- Comes in 2 colors, Black and Red
- Can carry a maximum size of 250 lbs
- Comes with a detachable middle strap for more security
- Six handles increases stability
- Ideal to transport medium to big dogs
- Folds easily and takes less storage space
- Highly Durable
- Requires a strong belt for restraining the dog
- Need more than one person to carry the stretcher
JorVet Soft Carry Stretcher
- Large size for carrying of patients in tight corners
- Six padded handles for carrying comfort
- Washable nylon and measures 30" x 50"
- Country Of Origin: United States
Jorvet Soft Carry Stretcher is an amazing option as it allows you to carry injured pets/animals and help you transport them to the hospital without causing more pain to your pets. It is an ideal solution for injured animal transport as this soft carry stretcher does not contain any strong poles, and this allows you to carry a large size dog or any other pets safely even in tight corners.
Jorvet comes in a large size that makes it easy to carry all types of pets, as it includes six padded handles for carrying the pet easily and comfortably. The lightweight nylon material is washable and it is available in 30inches x 50inches dimensions. If you are looking for Jorvet soft carry stretcher for your pets, then you can get it in any pet stores or get it in Amazon.com. Also, make sure to check product reviews before buying the product and also it is advisable to compare product prices from various shops that can help you decide to buy the product at a very affordable price.
Not only you can use these stretchers just for transporting to vets, but if your pet is diagnosed with any issue that hampers walking it cannot climb stairs definitely and this pet transport stretches will help you take him and bring him down the stairs easily. Made using nylon material, the stretcher is soft and when it is not needed, you just have to fold it and store it safely. It also doesn’t occupy much space in your garage or in the back of car.
Unlike other pet stretchers that you see in movies, the Jorvet Soft carry stretcher is only made using nylon material and hence setting it up is pretty much simple. All you need to do is just unfold it and the stretcher is all yours. Even though it sound quite simple, it may seem pretty much useful during an emergency where you need to transport your pet quickly and can’t wait to screw in the parts to get the stretcher ready.
The Jorvet soft carry stretcher allows for safe and easy transport of any small to medium size dog or any other animal for emergencies, hospitals, recovery, or any other pet-care condition. Made with nylon that is easy to wash, durable and featured with padded handles that allows you to use the stretcher for several years. Also, it is advisable to check the reviews before buying the stretcher and check its durability. But the only issue that can be found with this pet transport stretcher is that it does not come with any safety belts and hence you need to be careful while transporting your pets.
- Soft carry stretcher available in a large size to carry the pets in tight corners
- Easy-to-wash as it is made of nylon and measures 30inches X 50inches
- Six soft padded handles for safe and comfort carrying
- Carries around 30-pound dog easily
- Long handles allow two people to transport the dog easily
- Strong and affordable
- Durable and performs amazingly well
- No strap features make the stretcher not a secure option for injured dogs
Pet Animal Transport Stretcher
No products found.
The Pet Animal Transport Stretcher is another great stretcher that can prove really helpful in emergency situations. It is specially designed to carry large dogs as it can carry pet’s upto a maximum size of 250 pounds. The shape and design of the stretcher makes it easy to carry heavy dogs easily. When you are buying the stretcher, the first and foremost thing that you should look for is its durability and safety of your dog as well as your own safety. If your dog has been injured severely or hit by a car or motorbike, or if it is suffering from any other injuries that have caused a visible cut, fractures, or bone breaks, then make sure to approach your pet dog carefully. Also, when your dog gets hurt, even though it is your pet, they can act weird. Hence it is not a great option to carry your pet in your arms and carrying them in a pet transport stretcher is the best option. Before taking any action and approaching the wounded dog, make sure to take caution when before attending to the injury.
The Pet Animal Transport Stretcher is certainly for transporting large dogs as you certainly say that while looking at the stretcher itself. Unlike other pet stretchers described above, these look similar to the ones that you see in movies except for the case that the wheels are present on only hand and handles provided on the other side. There are three safety straps provided on the stretcher to safely secure your pet with the stretcher and then can just drag it on the wheels easily to the vehicle. Since carrying large dogs can be a tough task, the pet animal transport stretcher is best suited for transporting dogs that weigh around 200-250 lbs.
But with the look of this stretcher, it certainly requires some kind of assembly as when you open the package you can see many different parts. And it can take anywhere between 5-10 minutes to assemble it and hence it is ideal to have it assembled and keep it ready for emergency situations. If your pet needs urgent care and if it is suffering from diarrhea or vomiting, try to put it in a dog box to transport him. If you don’t have box or stretcher in access, then use a towel and ensure not to control the dog when it is vomiting, this can lead to other health issues and also can cause choking.
- Pet Transport Stretcher is the most comfortable stretcher that comes with padding to keep your pet comfortable while transporting.
- Made from heavy-duty nylon that won’t tear or rip and it can hold up to 250-pounds
- Contains wheels, strong handles, and easy-to-adjust safety straps to hold your pet safe while transporting.
- Strong & durable
- Heavy-duty nylon and lightweight material that can carry up t 250pounds.
- Folded Size 60X54cm
- Expanded Size 100 X54cm
- Not strong enough to carry heavy dogs
Walkin” Dog Support Harness/Sling
- SAFELY GIVES PETS AND PET PARENTS THE LIFT THEY NEED - The Walkin’ Dog Harness helps give your best friend all the comfort and support they need. Our body lift sling harness is designed for dogs with overall leg weakness and pets recovering from surgery. It helps in their recuperation and allows pet parents to conveniently give them the lift they need.
- EASILY AND GENTLY SUPPORT YOUR PETS MOBILITY - Having a dog with limited mobility can be challenging for both pet and pet parents. Our dog lift support harness offers full-body support and comes with height-adjustable handles to make it easier to support your dog. This simple, assisted mobility solution lets you maneuver larger dogs without lifting their entire weight protecting your back from unnecessary strain.
- KEEPS YOUR PET COMFORTABLE AND INJURY-FREE - Help your dog with overall leg weakness free from injury by giving them a supportive lift when walking. Our support harness is made of 50/50 washable denim and lined with fleece for your dog’s comfort.
- GREAT FOR POST-OP RECOVERY - The Walkin’ Dog Body Lift Harness is a safe way to help your pet bounce back from surgery. It’s easier than using a towel to support your dog and it doesn’t wrinkle or bunch. The lift support harness allows you to give your buddy time to recover from medical procedures safely.
- FIND THE PERFECT FIT - You can always find a full body dog harness that fits your pet perfectly. This dog body support harness is available in 6 different sizes and is held in place by touch fasteners to ensure a snug fit.
The Walkin’ dog support and rehabilitation sling are stuffed with smooth fleece for an easy support for your pet. This fleece sling does not wrinkle and clusters like a towel or a sheet. The Walkin dog support harness is made of 50/50 washable denim, stuffed with comfortable fleece that allows you to wrap the sling around your dog with the best and suitable Velcro. This support sling facilitates you to support your dog gently, but you should know that this particular sling is not designed to lift the entire weight of your dog.
The rehabilitation sling is available in six sizes, including extra-large, large, medium, medium/large, small, and extra-small. The Medium/Large option is generally the best size for dogs that are medium to large size. You can hold the dog securely with the suitable Velcro that allows you to adjust according to your comfort. It is suitable for post-surgical healing support and facilitates you to exercise dogs without lifting the entire weight. The sling is designed to support and prevent injury to the dog during its recovery stage and with leg weakness. Also, it not just supports your pet but also protects your back from unwanted strain. It is the best substitute for the towel-method that is used by veterinarians.
However, you must never suspend your pet in the air using Walkin rehabilitation sling. The sling is meant to help your dog, but not to suspend it in the air. The adjustable handle size ranges from 16.5inch to 33inch for small, 17.5inch to 34inch for small, 18inch to 34inch for medium, 15.5inch to 31inch for medium/large, 10.5inch to 19inch for large, and 6.5inch to 15inch for extra large.
Medium/Large will be a perfect size for the dog that has abdomen and chest that measures between 24inches to 28 inches and belly-length at 10inches. This Walkin support sling facilitates you to provide your pet with some support by protecting your back from redundant strain.
It is important to know why a support harness is essential. It is necessary for dogs that are suffering from leg weakness, arthritis, paralysis, spinal injuries, hip dysplasia, and degenerative myelopathy. Dogs that are suffering from these problems need assistance from their owners to walk up & down the stairs walk outside and get up from the floor. Without a sling or harness, it is not possible to lift the dog and also it is not advisable to lift their dog as it can affect their back and they have to suffer from back pain. A support sling goes around the belly of your dog and permits you to comfortably and safely lift the dog while allowing you to stand straight. Also, it makes your dog feel normal as the dog walks besides you. Walkin dg support harness is the perfect option as it supports your dog during its rehabilitation period. It not only supports your dog but also help you to prevent unwanted back pain.
- Helps dogs which require some support during its recovery period.
- The sling is made of 50/50 washable denim in the exterior, and the interior is stuffed with soft fleece.
- Adjustable handle sizes
- Height adjustable handles
- Provides good support under the belly
- Durable and comfortable
- It supports the dog not to carry the entire weight
- Long Straps
- Not enough support
- The surrounding fabric is too flimsy
Animal Stretcher Washable and Durable Material
- Two Straps with Velcro Closure included
- Washable, Durable Material
- 24" x 50"
- Orange, Each
Animal Stretcher from Oasis is another great pet transport stretcher that is specially built for transporting large dogs that can weigh more than 200 lbs. It comes with a massive size of 20″ x 47″ and is made using highly durable and washable materials. The stretcher is designed to provide extra security to carry the animals safely on the stretcher. The safety straps allow you to secure your pet and can easily carry up to 200pounds of weight without any issues. It is designed to carry the injured dog comfortably, and two people can carry the stretcher easily.
The frame is made of lightweight coated steel that is strong and long lasting. The stretcher is also constructed with the heavy-duty reinforced washable and durable material. Two inches wide straps with buckles allow you to secure the dog positioning.
This specially designed Animal Stretcher finds a lot of use in pet shelters, pet clinics, and pet transportation services. The ergonomic design permits easy handling in places like x-ray rooms/RTG, stairs, passenger car, and so on and so forth. This Animal Stretcher is lightweight and designed with a special shape that facilitates easy and safe transportation of big dogs. Four grips allows you to take control of the stretcher from all 4-sides comfortably.
The unique design also facilitates this stretcher to be dragged easily while maintaining a secure grip through the transmit handles. However, you should know that the dragging can damage the stretcher cloth, and the wear and tear depending on the ground condition and the surface. There is no need for any kind of assembly or setup with this stretcher as it comes setup as you need to unfold it to get the stretcher ready. Hence, the Animal stretcher from Oasis is a great option during emergency situations as it removes all kinds of hassles in setting up a stretcher and allows you to quickly carry the injured pet to the vehicle.
- Made of strong and durable materials
- Compact fold that allows you to store the stretcher conveniently
- Washable m non-slip surfaces
- Durable stress points
- Full-size dimensions 29inches width and 49inches length
- Two Straps with Velcro finish
- Durable and affordable
- The stretcher fits perfectly in the back of SUV
- Sturdy Frame
- Powerful and helpful
- Not enough room for big dogs
Why You Need a Pet Transport Stretcher?
If you have a pet that is injured, sick or having some walking problems, then if you need to take those pets to a vet, then you definitely need something like a pet transport stretcher. When your pets are sick or injured, it is not always advisable to carry them in your arms and if it is a large dog, then it is impossible to carry them in your arms too. Even though pet strollers can be use, your pet may get excited and there is a possibility of aggravating their injury by jumping inside or out the stroller due to excitement. And in these time, a pet transport stretcher is the best choice as it provides safety harnesses that wrap around your pets and comes with easy-to-carry handles to safely carry them to your vehicle.
During emergency situations when you are looking to take your pet for immediate care with the local vet or pet clinic, you should not take much time in thinking what is the best option to take your pet? It all depends on the condition of your pet as if your pet is a small one but have some walking issues, then you can carry them in your arms. But according to pet specialists, it is not always recommended to carry the pets in your arms while they are injured as they can act weird and there is a possibility that it may hurt you in some way. Hence the best option is to go for a pet transport stretcher that allows you to transport your pet safely, quickly and easily to the clinic without any hassles.
Types of Pet Transport Stretchers
When it comes to pet transport stretchers there are basically two main types including the basic stretchers and the wheeled stretchers. Let’s look in detail the differences between the two types of pet transport stretchers.
These are most commonly used type of stretchers when you are looking to transport small pets to the pet clinic. These stretchers can be made using nylon or other materials that requires two or more persons to carry the stretcher. These stretchers are lightweight and portable and can be easily folded and stored when not in use. Setting up the stretcher takes just seconds as all you need to do is unfold the stretcher and your stretcher is ready. These stretchers come with safety straps to secure the pets to the stretcher and prevent them falling down during the transportation process.
These stretchers are the best suited option to carry large pets as it may be a bit difficult task to carry large pets and it may require more than 2-3 persons to carry them. Hence if you are running short of persons, it is a good idea to go for a pet transport stretcher that come with wheels as it allows you to transport large pets quickly and easily.
Things to consider while buying a Pet Transport Stretcher
Choosing the best pet transport stretcher can be a bit tough task as the market is filled with a lot of pet transport stretchers. Also, pet transport stretchers come in all kinds of shape, sizes and materials that you need to choose the right kind of stretcher that can help your carry your pet easily during any kind of emergency situations. When choosing a pet transport stretcher look for a strong frame, lightweight design, durable material and whether it can offer safety to your pets. Some of these stretchers even come with safety straps in the middle that allows you to secure your dog safe while transporting it to the vet in a car or any other vehicle.
One of the important aspects that you need to consider while buying the best pet transport stretcher is the size of the stretcher. If you are looking to buy a stretcher for a small pet look to buy a size that is not too large or too small for your pet as it will be uncomfortable for your pet in the stretcher during transportation. When looking for stretchers for large dogs of around 200-250 lbs. it is always recommended to go for pet stretchers that are specially designed for large pets.
Also, the best pet stretchers offer adjustable straps and easy-to-remove packcloth so that you can wash it after every use. Washing the cloth also extends the life of the stretcher When comes to transporting large dogs usually strong stretchers can make the job simpler. Make sure to look for pet transport stretchers that comes with sufficient handles as sometimes even two persons will be enough to carry a pet whereas it may require more than 3-4 persons to carry a large pet quickly. As the more people carry, the pet can be transported more quickly and safely.
The best stretchers are ones that allow you to transport the pets quickly to the destination. Hence look for pet transport stretchers that come with wheels if you are looking to transport large pets. In emergency situations, even a delay in 5-10 minutes can be a major factor. If you are looking for buying pet transport stretchers for pet clinics and pet care centers, it is a good option to go for stretchers with good mobility features. Another feature that you need to look for in a pet transport stretcher is that whether it is easily foldable and doesn’t occupy much space in your car. This ensures you to take the stretcher wherever you take your pet and then easily take them in and out of the vehicle easily.
The made of aluminum and steel are the best choice for pet transport stretchers. Make sure to look for stretchers that are resistant to rust and corrosion if they consist any kind of metal parts included. If the stretcher is completely made using fabric, check is the fabric is of top quality and doesn’t tear off easily. Often stretchers made using top-quality nylon are the best fabric stretchers as they are also easily washable. Since the handles are the most important aspect of the stretcher, make sure to check if the handles are made using high quality materials as any slip up can aggravate the injury of the pet to a great extent and also delay the transportation process as well.
Pet Transport stretchers is needed the most when your pet is injured severely and when you need to transport them to the vet for immediate treatment. The best stretchers are designed to help the veterinarian and hospital staff in lifting pets easily and transporting the injured, disabled, or immobile animals from a vehicle to the veterinary hospital while lessening the risk of lower back pain and stress. The best stretchers can hold up to 200 pounds weight and come with quick access options under the stretcher for quick and easy lifting.