Are you on the hunt for larger dog crates for your bigger pets?
If so, you’ll be very interested to learn more about the top five giant dog crates that we’ve reviewed below.
Choosing the best crate for your pets can be a tough task. There are so many different options available. That’s why we’ve carried out extensive research to help you find the perfect crate for your pets.
By the end of this review, you’ll be left with a much clearer idea of what the best giant dog crates have to offer you and your dog. Have a quick read below to learn more!
MidWest Homes for Pets XXL Giant Dog Crate
- Giant double door metal dog crate measures 54 Lenght x 37 Width x 45Height Inches & weighs 80.2 pounds, Ideal for extra Large dog breeds weighing over 90 pounds (Great Dane)
- Mesh : 1.5 x 5 inch; Durable metal dog crate Design w/ 3 heavy duty secure slide bolt latches per door, Please Note this is an XXL dog crate & requires 2 people for assembly
- Protective E Coat finish prevents rust for long lasting use & dog crate Includes MidWest Guarantee 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Age Range Description: All Life Stages
- Included Components: Removable Abs Composite Plastic Pan
Size & Weight
This MidWest Homes for Pets Giant Dog Crate is 54 x 37 x 45” in size. Therefore, you can feel confident in knowing that it’s large enough for even the biggest breed of dog.
It weighs a total of 90 lbs. So, the size and heavy weight of this crate make it an awesome choice if you have heavier and larger dogs.
We were impressed by how they have approached designing the door on this crate.
It involves a double-door mechanism, along with a drop-pin system. Customers have been appreciating the double-door design as it makes getting larger dogs in and out of the crate super easy.
The drop-pin system is also incredibly strong. Therefore, you can be sure that your dog will remain secure and safe inside.
On the floor inside the crate, you’ll find some soft flooring. This is made out of mesh materials and dogs love it.
It keeps your dog feeling comfortable. However, it also boosts the amount of air that’s circulating throughout the crate. This is because mesh fabrics are very breathable. So, your pet will always remain comfortable and have access to airflow.
This company has gone to extra lengths to ensure the crate remains as durable as possible. They’ve incorporated a fantastic E-coating over the top of the crate.
It works effectively to prevent the crate from building up rust. This is a common problem among dog crates and it eventually leads to the crate becoming weaker over time.
This isn’t something you have to worry about while using this crate.
The drop-pin construction on the doors is also another aspect that adds to the durability of this crate. It provides an added sense of stability which is needed for the double doors. This also prevents the panels on the sides from curving inwards over time.
If you’re concerned about assembling this crate due to its size, don’t be. It only requires two people and can be done within no time.
- Easy assembly
- Drop-pin construction for added durability
- E-coating to prevent rust
- Double-door design for easy entry/exit
- Two-person assembly could be an issue for some
MidWest Homes for Pets iCrate
- ICrate the 'All Inclusive Dog Crate' Includes Free divider panel, durable dog tray, carrying handle, 4 'roller' Feet to protect floors & Midwest Quality Guarantee 1 year Warranty
- XL DOUBLE DOOR FOLDING DOG CRATE ideal for Dogs w/ adult weight of 90 to 110 pounds | Convenient divider panel allows crate to expand as Your dog grows | iCrate measures 48L x 30W x 33H inches
- Your DOG'S Home WHILE YOU'RE AWAY FROM Home | Durable Design creates a safe place for Your pet while you're away & caters to Your dog’s natural “den” instincts
- SAFE & Secure Home | Two heavy duty slide bolt latches firmly locks dog crate door in place keeping Your dog safely inside their dog crate
- Easy Assembly & Portable Design | Sets up in seconds w/ no tools required for assembly & folds flat for convenient storage or Travel | Roller Feet protect hardwoods, make repositioning Easy; Wire Spacing: 1.5 inch x 7.875 inch
This is another MidWest Homes for Pets crate that’s great for larger dog breeds.
It’s a total of 48 x 30 x 33” in size. Therefore, you can feel assured that this crate is big enough for the largest dog breeds.
With a two-door design available, moving larger dogs in and out of the crate is always a breeze.
We also liked how they’ve included a divider panel. This means that if you have dogs from a younger age who are smaller, you can keep the same crate throughout their stages of growth.
The divider panel allows you to keep the size of the crate at a more appropriate size for your smaller dog. It teaches them to sleep in one end and do their business on the opposite side.
As they grow, you can gradually increase the size of their space with the divider panel.
Folding & Transportation
This dog crate can fold flat with no hassle. Customers are loving this feature as it means that you can store the crate away with ease while it’s not being used.
Furthermore, it means you’re able to travel around with your larger dog easier. You can simply fold it down to make it easier to be mobile with.
They have even included a carrying handle too. Being on the move with your dog is made very simple while using this crate.
The assembly of this crate is incredibly straightforward.
You are not needed to have any tools or use any to put the crate together. All you have to do is unfold it and it’s ready to use within seconds.
Both of the doors on this crate are equipped with strong slide-bolt latches. These work to keep your dog completely safe and secure while inside the crate.
Moreover, while your pet is inside the crate, they will be less likely to hurt themselves. This is a result of the round-corner feature. All of the corners have no sharp areas that could potentially harm your dog.
This provides you with a peace of mind while you’re away.
- Secure slide-bolt latches
- Round corners for safety
- Easy assembly
- Folding feature for storage
- Great for traveling
- Double-door design for simple access
- Sharp edges could be a problem for some
- The divider can be troublesome to set up
Paws & Pals Large Dog Crate
- DIMENSIONS: 48" L x 29" W x 32" H + split divider + multiple doors + versatile carry handle.
- FOLDABLE: Features a convenient space saving design, allowing it to be stored practically anywhere when not in use.
- DURABLE: Made from heavy duty solid steel, high tensile strength wire, and a black electro coat finish.
- NO TOOLS REQUIRED: Versatile design allows for an extremely easy set up. Plus, it’s super simple to take apart, fold, and store.
- MULTIPLE SIZES: Available in small, medium, large, x-large, xx-large, and xxx-large.
With double-doors available, putting pets in and taking them out of this crate is very easy. This is a huge benefit for pet owners who have larger dogs.
Having the option to open up the crate with double-doors makes things a lot simpler.
Folding Feature & Transportation
Another one of the features that make this crate so simple to use is its folding design.
People are liking how you can effortlessly fold this crate down into a flat shape. This means that you can easily put it away in storage while it’s not being used to save space in your home.
Moreover, it allows you to take your dog and crate on your travels without any hassle. This is made even easier due to the carrying handle that’s included.
Since this crate can fold down into a compact size, you don’t need to worry about the hassle of assembly. You don’t need any tools and you can have it up and ready to use in no time.
Metal steel materials have been used to construct this giant dog crate.
This construction is remarkably strong and works well to keep your pet safe and protected at all times.
Not to mention, users have been noticing that these materials are super easy to clean. So, maintaining the crate is simple.
- Metal steel materials are strong & durable
- Easy cleaning
- Folding feature for storage
- Great for traveling
- Double-door design for easy entry/exit
- Door latches can be tricky to use
Allmax Dog Crate
- Pre-assembled crate sets up easily - just unfold and it's ready to use
- Durable metal construction with chip-resistant, black powdercoat finish
- Strong steel liner tray locks in place and slides out for easy cleaning
- Folds flat and stores away in a flash
- Three double-latch doors provide easy access from front, top or side
It has been constructed with gauge metal wire materials. This provides the crate with a ton of strength and durability. Even the largest and strongest dogs will have a tough time damaging and trying to escape this one.
Furthermore, they have incorporated a powder coat finish over the top of the gauge metal wire. As a result, the crate is resistant to being chipped.
When it comes to stronger and larger dog crates, one of the main areas of concern for users tends to be the assembly.
We were glad to find that setting this dog crate up is super easy. The Hard job of putting it together has already been done for you.
All you have to do is unfold it and it can be used within seconds.
If you’re looking for a crate that keeps your dog completely secure, you’ll be pleased with how the doors have been designed.
There’s a total of three doors which have each been double-latched. As a result, your dog will always remain safe and secure.
With three doors available to use, you’re also given the chance to have easy access to your pet at all times. This is because the doors are located on the front, side, and top.
Therefore, even if you’re traveling, you will always have at least one door available to open and access your pet.
The tray on the bottom is made out of steel materials. Therefore, you can expect it to be strong and last you for a long time.
One of the major benefits of this tray is that it has been designed to be convenient to clean.
You can remove it with no hassle. This enables you to clean it using soap and water before sliding it back into place. Users appreciate this feature as it makes cleaning and maintaining the crate very easy.
- Convenient cleaning
- Secure door design
- Easy access to pets
- Simple assembly
- Strong & durable construction
- Wire gauge near front door can feel flimsy
- Floor tray is a little shorter than expected
Homey Pet Extra Large Dog Crate
- Size: L 49" x W 37" x H44", Interior height: 37", Bar spacing: 1.44". Fits for dogs up to 150 lbs
- Feeding door renders convenience for feeding. Pull out tray available for easy cleaning
- Lockable heavy duty casters provide more convenience to move the cage. Double chain lock and all metal design ensure great quality and provide best protection to your pet.
- Plastic floor grid with small holes provide more comfortable environment and better protection on pets' feet.
- Nontoxic finished surface keep your dog/animal health and render excellent anti-rust ability
Size & Weight
The total size of this dog crate is 49 x 37 x 44”. This provides the largest dog breeds with plenty of space to be comfortable and secure.
This Homey Pet crate can take a maximum weight capacity of 150 lbs. This is plenty for bigger dogs.
Homey Pet has included a superbly unique door feature with this crate.
There are door renders which are smaller than the main doors and they are excellent to use for feeding your pet. Users are loving how they can simply open up the smaller doors to feed their pets with ease.
Security & Safety
With a double-chain lock feature, you can be assured that your pet will always be secure and safe inside this crate. It ensures that the doors cannot be easily opened.
Furthermore, metal materials have been used to construct this crate. This provides it with a very sturdy and durable aspect to make sure that it lasts you for a long time ahead. It also means that your pet is provided with the best chance of being protected.
This company has made sure that all the materials they use are 100% toxic-free. So, your pet will never be exposed to anything potentially harmful.
The finish over the top is free from toxins and ensures the crate is resistant to dust accumulation.
The comfort of pets is always a major concern for users. You’ll be glad to hear that this crate is equipped with a floor grid that has numerous holes.
This helps to keep the ground more comfortable for your pet. It also adds an element of breathability to enhance their comfort.
Are you looking to move this crate around? If so, this Homey Pet option may suit you very well.
It comes with casters on the bottom which makes it super easy to move the entire crate with ease. The casters available are incredibly robust and stable.
- Impressive weight capacity
- Easy feeding feature
- Double-chain lock for security
- Comfortable flooring
- Easily portable
- Instructions for assembly could be better
You’re now more aware of what features are available among the best dog crates. Prior to making a decision, consider how you’re primarily going to be using the crate.
For example, if you need it for traveling, picking one that has carrying handles and can be folded would benefit you more. This will help you to narrow down your search to picking the right crate.
Be sure to use our reviews above to help you make the best decision for both you and your pet.