Buying a Car pet kennel is one of the best things you can buy for your dog. A car pet kennel is helpful in many ways, as it can be a safe solution to carry your dog while you are travelling, or when you want to provide a safe and comfortable and their very own space for your dog. Yes, your dog needs to be trained to be comfortable in their Kennels, but once you train them, a car pet kennel could well become a safe home for them inside your home. But you need to consider a lot of factors while buying a car pet kennel, as to the type of material, the age of your dog, breed and personality etc.
Let’s have a look at the most popular car pet kennels available in the market, their features and specifications;
Frontpet Pet Car Crate Tube Kennel
- SAFE- Provides a safe environment for your pet while traveling by protecting them in an enclosed area while traveling with a mesh canopy top for superior ventilation and a reinforced nylon bottom to protect your car's interior
- SECURE- Multiple points of contact ensures your pet car crate will not shift or slide while the vehicle is moving, perfect compliment to a pet suv barrier
- UNIVERSAL- Adjustable spring design fits in almost any vehicle so you can take your pet with you no matter what type of vehicle you have! Pet platform compliment and vehicle barrier
- LIGHTWEIGHT- Lightweight design(8lbs) and compact storage size with carry handles makes transporting and storing your pet tube kennel a breeze
- CONVENIENT- Setup and takedown in only minutes so you can bring your pet with you on any adventure. Perfect car crate for every occasion
Frontpet is one of the popular names in many household names of most of the pet owners. The Frontpet Car Crate Tube kennel is one of the best Kennels that offers easy access to your furry companion. It is also fully ventilated and provides ample visibility to the word outside. This car pet kennel is also extremely helpful to train your dog for crate training. The reinforced nylon bottom ensure the protection of your interiors. The Frontpet tube car crate can be comfortably placed in the backseat of your and the safety straps provided with the crate ensures that the crate doesn’t fall down or shake heavily.
In case you are not a fan of having a barrier for your pet dogs, then the car pet crate is an excellent option as it allows you to carry along your pet safely on your weekend and camping trips. The entire car craft comes in an open mesh design allowing your pet to see everything around it unlike other crates that come totally covered leaving some holes only for air to travel inside. This kind of enclosed crates may make your pets lonely and mentally distracted. But an open mesh design like the one with the Frontpet Pet car crate Tube kennel, even though your pet is well housed in a crate it still enjoys the freedom of seeing the outside world.
The universal fit ensures that the bag comfortably fits in all kinds of vehicles and it is extremely lightweight and made using high quality reinforced nylon. The complete open mesh design also ensures that your pet gets complete ventilation and maximum air-flow inside. Your car seats are always protected from nail scratches as the bottom of the kennel is reinforced with top quality nylon. One more interesting aspect is the integrated zip design that allows for easy storage and transportation.
The Frontpet Pet car crate tube kennel provides an easy and secure way to carry your pets along with total freedom even if they are enclosed inside a crate. The maximum ventilation and airflow allow the pets to enjoy the journey to a great extent. There are many points of contact and straps provided to ensure that you can tighten the crate along with the seat without needing to worry about it falling down. Setting up the bag takes just a couple of minutes as you just need to unfold it and place your pets inside and zip it securely. When not in use, you can completely fold it to a small circle that you can even house it in a small tote bag.
- Universal fit ensures it works with all types of vehicles
- Extremely lightweight
- Easy to setup and takedown
- Multiple points of contact available to ensure maximum stability
- Reinforced nylon bottom ensures complete protection for your car interior
- Full mesh design ensures maximum ventilation
- Carry handles provided
One for Pets Fabric Portable 2-in-1 Double Pet Kennel
- Travel Carrier: Built-in straps that allow safe connection to a seatbelt; Easy to set up and fold flat in seconds; Pad cover is removable and washable
- Cat Travel Carrier: Pet carrier/dog carrier with multiple entrances; Interior hooks for hanging the hammock (Hammock is optional); Comes with an individual carry case for easy storage
- Three ways to use the Double Kennel: 1) Use as two connected but divided compartments; 2) Use as one big space by unzipping the center zipper which divides the walls; 3) Detach the Double Kennel into two Single Kennels
- Lightweight Travel Carrier: Lightweight and zippered mesh door in the front and at one or both ends. Size: Double: 20" x 20" x 39"
- Dual Compartment Pet Kennel: Can be used as a pet kennel or pet cage indoors or outdoors
One of pets is another popular pet accessories manufacturing companies in the US that has come up with innovative products that have gained a lot of support from pet owners. The pet crates and kennels from the company have always adhered to the highest quality and products can be available at all sorts of budget. The One for Pets Fabric Portable 2-in-1 double pet kennel is the perfect solution for pet owners who like to carry along with them a couple of pets during their camping and weekend trips.
These pet kennels are great for both indoors and outdoors and can also be utilized for show shelters as well. These pet kennels are specially designed with lightweight materials and hence it is easy to carry it along wherever you go. And when it is not in use, it can be easily folded that it can fit inside a small tote bag making it fully portable. Setting up the kennel is also pretty much simple and folding it flat takes just a couple of minutes only. It also comes with its own carry case, so you can safely pack the kennel inside the carry case to protect from any damages.
There are zippered mesh doors provided both in the front and backs and hence your pets have multiple entries to get in and out of the kennel. The meshed windows can be easily rolled up and a removable sheepskin hammock is also provided. You can use it to house two pets at a time or roll up the center mesh to use a single large space for your pets to freely roam inside.
Built-in straps provided to tightly secure the kennel to the seatbelt. The pad cover can be easily removed for washing and cleaning. The full mesh design enables your pets to get maximum ventilation and also allows sufficient airflow inside the kennel. Made using high quality nylon materials, the kennel can withstand the scratches and
- Ideal for Indoor and outdoor enjoyment
- Easy to setup and fold
- Carry case provided
- Mesh doors provided in the front and back ends
Petego Pet Tube Kennel
- Durable claw proof fabric secures to standard car seats
- Large Tube can be adjusted larger or smaller as required
Petego Pet Tube Kennel is a lightweight and highly durable fabric tunnel for kids that provides an ideal solution for pet owners to take their pets along with safely during their travel. The Pet tube can be safely attached to your rear seats and tube design ensures your pets to provide enough room inside to roam around freely. The pet tube is available in 2 sizes small and large and you choose the best one that suits your requirements. With the Petego Pet tube kennel at your disposal, you never need to worry about travelling with your pets.
The full mesh design ensures that your pets get much needed ventilation and also allows them to see the world outside through the mesh windows. It also helps for greater air circulation inside the kennel and doesn’t make your pets feel to be enclosed in a cage. If you small cats and dogs, then you can always go for the smaller sized kennels and if you large sized dogs, then you need to go for the larger size.
If you are travelling with one pet and need to leave some space for another passenger in the back seat, then you can easily condense the kennel to almost half its original size providing enough room on the back seats. The pet tube completely lightweight and when not in use, it can easily folded flat and doesn’t take large storage space. The extended design allows you to use the same pet tube for both small dogs and also for large dogs by extending the zippers.
The Petego Pet Tube Kennel features double entry options as your pet can enter into the kennel both from the front or the back. Made using high-quality materials the pet tube kennel is strong and sturdy to withstand all kinds of scratches from your pets. This car pet kennel can hold dogs up to 30-40lbs and it is easy for carrying and handling. The covers can be easily removed for easy cleaning and storage. Comes with a secure zipper for added security and is lightweight. It can be assembled in seconds. Petego Pet tube Kennel is the best bet for taking your dogs for camping and family vacations.
- Lightweight and portable
- Full mesh design allows complete ventilation and maximum air-flow
- Can be secured to the backseat using safety belts
- Provides enough room to the pets to roam around freely
- Comes in 2 sizes, small and large
- Easy to setup and fold
- Comes with a carry handle to easily carry along
Walky Dog Tunnel Pet Automotive Safety Barrier Pet Tube
- Keeps Pets Confined and Driver Undistracted. Attaches via Three headrest adjustable straps to Back seat that are sewn in. Great for cats to travel too.
- Storage bag included for compact storing when not in use. Pet Tube Size Large, 47" L x 24" W x 24" H. Room for Water, Food, Toys,etc. Perfect for Long Distance Travel.
- Keeps Car,Truck or SUV Seats Clean & Free of Pet Hair. Safe for Premium Leather. Installs in Minutes. Collapsible for Easy Storage.
- Claw proof Mesh Offers Ample Ventilation & Pet Privacy. Double Zippers. Entry on Both Ends.
- Provides a Safe Environment for Your Pet While Driving. Protects Them in an Enclosed Area. Large Mesh Canopy Top for Superior Ventilation and a Reinforced Nylon Bottom to Protect your Car's Interior.
The Walky Dog Tunnel Pet tube provides with a pet kennel that covers all the aspects of a kennel including safety, comfort and style. The pet kennel is made up of lightweight materials and hence it is pretty much easy to carry along the kennel along with you easily wherever you go. When not in use, you can simply fold it flat that even a small tote bag is enough to place it inside.
Walky Dog has time and again come up with some great pet accessories and the Tunnel Pet tube is another great example of their high quality product lines. It is a perfect solution for pet owners who don’t like to leave their pets alone when they go for outdoor adventures and camping trips. These pet tubes allows you to take your pets along with you and enjoy in beaches and park and have some fun time.
The pet tube kennel comes with safety straps that helps you to secure the kennel to your rear seat safely. The pet tube is large enough to allow your pets to roam inside the kennel freely instead of confined in a small space. The complete mesh design ensures that your pet is provided with maximum ventilation and air flow inside the kennel. With the pet kennel at your disposal, you can safely confine your pets inside the kennel and never need to worry that when your pets will jump on your shoulders and distract your driving.
There are many accidents reported because of the reason that the driver gets distracted by pets leading to fatal accidents. Hence it is always a wiser move to get your hand on some kind of pet kennels to safely secure your pets in the backseat and have a worry-free drive. The pet tube comes with an extended design that can be easily condensed or extended based on your requirements. Say if you need space in the back seat for a passenger along with the pet tube, then you can easily condense the pet kennel to half its size and seat an additional passenger.
The Walky Dog Pet kennel provides entry on both ends and the mesh is designed to be claw-proof and hence any kind of scratches from your dog will not damage the pet kennel. Double zippers are provided as you can always use another one if one gets damaged. The reinforced nylon bottom ensures that your cars interiors are always protected.
Made using top-quality materials the Walky dog pet tube kennel is strong and can endure all kinds of scratches from your dogs. This car pet kennel can hold pets upto a maximum size of 40-50lbs and also comes with easy to carry handles to carry along the pet kennels easily. Assembling the pet kennel takes just a couple of minutes and even folding it doesn’t take much time. Walky Dog Pet tube Kennel is the best solution for pet owners for taking your dogs for camping and family trips. It has enough room inside to place some foods, toys and best suited for long distance travel too.
- Lightweight Design
- Complete mesh design ensures maximum ventilation and air-flow
- Easily secure the pet kennel to the rear seat using safety belts
- Has enough room for your pets to roam around freely
- Easy to setup and fold
- Comes with a carry handle to easily carry along
- Ideal for long distance travel
Cat Show House Portable Dog Kennel
- Cat Travel Carrier: Spacious interior space; Build-in straps allow safe connection to the seatbelt
- Hammocks and Pads Sold Separately: A flat top to hold photos and show essentials; Easy to set up and fold flat
- Double Portable Hammock: Use the double kennel as two separate compartments or one big space by unzipping the interior central divider
- Zippered door at each end; Carry bag with large pockets. Size: 24 H x 24 D x 42 L inches (61 cm x 61 cm x 106. 7 cm)
- Travel Kennel has double front doors; Extra pockets for treats; extra storage for toys and travel essentials. Convenient and stylish kennel and pet carrier
The Cat Show House Portable Dog Kennel from One for Pets is the ideal solution to carry small 4 pets safely during your travel. The intelligent design ensures that if you want space for only 2 pets, then you can easily remove the central divider and make space enough space for 2 pets. There are also pockets provided on the sides of the kennels to pack foods, toys and other travel essentials for your pets. These packets ensure that you won’t mess around your luggage to look for food for your pets as you can easily pack it on the sides of the kennel.
The Cat Show House Portable Dog Kennel is made using high quality materials that provides long-lasting durability and security for your pet dog. Setting up the kennel just takes a couple of minutes an even folding it doesn’t take much time. When not in use, you can easily fold the kennel and store it safely. The Cat Show House Portable Dog Kennel is the best solution for carrying multiple pets as it provide the pet owners with ultimate safety and comfort for their pets.
One for Pets is a renowned manufacturer of pet products and comes up with some exciting and new features with each and every products. And that is the reason that pet owners are always eager to look for the new features to be released in their next product launch. The company also has got some fairly large positive reviews around the internet which is itself is a tribute to its high quality products and customer service.
Pet owners looking to take their pets along with them during their outdoor adventures and camping trips and want their pets to enjoy out in the sun can look to buy this excellent pet tube kennel. These pet tube kennels can provide large room if you can take the center divider and allow your pets to roam around freely. The extended design ensures that you can either increase or decrease the size of the pet tube kennel based on your requirements.
Equipped with safety straps, you can easily secure these pet tube kennels to your car rear seat and never need to worry about it shaking heavily of falling down during your travel. The open mesh design ensures that your pet is provided with enough ventilation and air flow inside the pet kennel. When you have your pets confined to these pet kennels, you don’t need to worry about pets distracting your driving and have a worry-free long drive.
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy to setup and fold
- Easy to carry with inbuilt carry handles
- Open mesh design allows for enough ventilation and air-flow
- Secures safely to the rear set using safety belts
- Best suited for long distance travel
- Made using high quality materials
Type of Car Pet Kennels
When it comes to car pet kennels, they are available in many designs, styles, sizes and many kinds of materials. And a crate that you buy for your older pug would be too big for your puppy lab and the material would not be the same for every breed or age.
So let’s look at the different types of Kennels available in the market:
Plastic Kennels are the most common type of Kennels available in the market and also the most sought after Kennels being purchased by many pet owners. One more reason that plastic Kennels are popular is the reason that they are easy for air travel and many plastic Kennels that come with the tag “airline approved”.
- Easy to clean as you can simply hose out all the dirt out
- It’s also considered highly durable
- Best for dogs who likes to sleep under tables and in corners
- Good for airline travel
- Safe and secure as your dog will never be able to get out of the crate, unless you wish to.
- Available in many styles, colors and sizes
- You can dismantle the top half and stack inside the other half for easier storage
- Since all the sides are enclosed, your dog may feel hot in there during summer
- Also, the confinement and the closed space may not suit some dogs who wants to see what’s going around them
- If your dog likes to chew things, then they would happily chew the corners.
- Plastic absorbs odors overtime unless you clean it with proper room fresheners, the smell will be unbearable.
Wire car pet kennels are also one of the commonly used car pet kennels. Many see these type of Kennels as best because they provide ample ventilation and air for their dogs. Your dogs could also have a very good look around and see what’s happening in the house. Unlike plastic, your puppies cannot chew this, as they are made up of metal. Most wire Kennels come with a plastic pan at the bottom to act as flooring for your dog. Some models can be folded down for easy storage. And if your puppy looks for solid confinement, you can just throw a blanket or a crate cover to drape around the crate.
- Provides lot of ventilation and air for your dog
- Some models can be folded down for easier carrying and storage
- Floor tray can be removed easily for cleaning
- Breaking away from these Kennels is not possible
- Doesn’t absorb odors
- Since all the sides are open, not the best solution for dogs that are over reactive to the outside world
- Some dirt and dog hairs get stuck into the corners of the Kennels even if you hose out the dust
- These Kennels are heavy
- Not good in colder seasons as all sides are open
- Can be noisy, when dogs move around inside
- Not suited for air travel
Soft-sided Kennels have a lot of positives as they are light in weight, easy to carry and also can be folded and stored easily when not in use. But they are the best option for larger dogs but suited only for smaller puppies. They are also not very easy to clean and since it’s enclosed on all four sides, very reactive puppies find it hard to stay inside for a long time, unless they are trained to be inside this type of Kennels.
- Soft-sided Kennels are light in weight and easy to carry
- Best for small and well-trained puppies
- Best suited for travel and camping
- Easy to fold and store when not in use
- Extremely soft and flexible
- Available in many styles, colors and sizes
- Available for cheaper rates
- Not the best ones to last long
- Also, not the best solution for housing destructive and naughty dogs, as they can easily chew their way out
- Hard to clean after being used for a long time
- Intelligent dogs can easily learn how to unzip their way out of these Kennels
- They are also not of the attractive types
People who look for stylish Kennels can go with these decorative Kennels, as these look extremely nice inside your home and looks like part of your home furniture. These Kennels are mostly made using rattan (a type of palm) or wood. Some manufacturers have gone the extra mile to produce some stunning car pet kennels that look great and also functionally good as well. But one of the main disadvantages with these Kennels are they are way too costly than plastic or wire Kennels.
- Can blend into your home design and look as one of your furniture’s
- Available in different styles and colors
- Can double up and replace your end table, so you don’t need any additional space for your crate
- Can last longer
- Can be easily damaged by destructive dogs
- Way too costly when compared to plastic or wire Kennels
- Destructive dogs can also easily chew wood or rattan
- Difficult to clean
- Can be bit heavy than plastic or wire Kennels and not the easiest to move around the house
Tips for Using Car pet kennels for Best Results
A car pet kennel is one of the best things you dog can get from its owner apart from a dog bed. The reason dogs love Kennels because they provide them with their own space. Buying a car pet kennel will also help in keeping the house clean, as the dog will not sleep under the tables or chairs, but knew exactly where to go when it needed rest. But the trick in keeping the car pet kennel last for a long time is to maintain it properly. Here are some tips that will help you get the best results possible:
- Train your dog to use the crate and not sleep at other places inside your house, or else investing in a car pet kennel would have been a wasteful exercise
- Place the crate in a place under your watch, so that you can always know what’s happening around
- Should be handled carefully, as any scrubbing on the surface of the pan will ruin it entirely
- To remove the odor coming out the car pet kennel, simply place it under direct sunlight to get it warmed up
- One can also use baking soda or odor removing sprays to remove the bad odor coming out of the car pet kennels
Things to consider while buying a car pet kennel
Car pet kennels come in all kinds of sizes and designs and one need to know exactly the specific requirements before buying a crate for his pet dog. Here are some suggestions provided to give you a clear picture of what are the things that need to be considered before buying a car pet kennel.
Choose the Right Size
One important factor that you need to consider before buying a car pet kennel is the size of the crate. A normal thumb rule adopted by many dog owners is to buy a crate that is 4-6 inches longer than the length of your dog and 4-6 inches taller than the shoulder height of your dog. The larger the crate, the more comfortable your pet dog will be inside. Of course, the larger the size, heavier the price, but if you want to provide the best option for your dog, you need to shell out some extra bucks.
One other aspect that needs to be considered is about the safety and security of your dog, while you are taking your dog inside the crate while you are traveling. Almost all kinds of kennels can be strapped to your car so that it doesn’t jolt during the travel. When it comes to crash safety, no kennels can provide that kind of harness or withstand so much force during an accident. But plastic kennels are the best bet while traveling.
Select the Appropriate Type of Crate
As you’ve seen earlier, there are many types of car pet kennels available including plastic, wire, soft-sided and decorative Kennels. Consider the breed of your dog, your home environment and your budget while selecting your car pet kennel type. If you are not traveling a lot, then you can invest in a soft-sided crate, or if you have a naughty pet, then wire Kennels are more suited for them. Plastic Kennels are the best solution for providing a confined solution and also best suited for air travel too.
Read Reviews and Specs online
It is better to read the reviews posted by other potential buyers and also read the specifications of the car pet kennel before buying it. Also, consult with your friends and neighbors for their views and suggestions.
Whether Cleaning is easy
Make sure that the crate can be taken apart easily and cleaned easily. If you don’t clean the crate properly at regular intervals, then there is a possibility that your dog may get affected with some infections. Wire Kennels can be easily hosed off, but still, proper cleaning is needed to remove the dog hair and dirt collected at the wire mesh corners. Plastic Kennels can be removed and cleaned easily. Soft-sided Kennels are made using fabric and hence won’t last a long time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why does your dog need a car pet kennel?
Many pet owners think that putting their pet dogs inside a kennel or car pet kennel is an act of cruelty. But even veterinarians recommend using car pet kennels as they provide a sense of security and provide a place of their own. Crate training is important as dogs are not used to stay inside a crate. Once your dog is trained to be inside a crate, it means it is obedient and is learning to follow your orders. Crate training also helps your dogs to forget about their destructive chewing behaviour.
Where can I find a car pet kennel?
There are a wide variety of car pet kennels available in all kinds of sizes, colors and designs online. You can even find them at your local departmental stores.
How to know the correct size of crate to buy for my dog?
When it comes to choosing the size, not one size fits all. Hence, if you have an existing crate, you can take its size as a measure to buy car pet kennel and if you have enough space you can even go for a bigger size. Or else measure the length and height of your dog and buy a crate that is 4-6 inches longer than the length of your dog and 406 inches taller than the shoulder height of your dog.
Which is the best place to put the car pet kennel in my house?
It depends on the size of the house and where your dog is comfortable while sleeping. Normally it is advisable to place your dog bed in areas, where you can always have an eye over it.
Hope the above tips and suggestions would help you gather a basic idea about the types of car pet kennels available, points to ponder before buying one and also the top 10 car pet kennels available in the market. And if you are not sure which one to buy, please read the instructions and just go ahead and buy a car pet kennel based on the size of your pet dog and the budget you can offer.